Pillow Talk

One of my pillows made the trip to Washington all wrapped up as a surprise for Linda Sue, who you may recall recently sent me acres of linens.  I made it from two of the pieces she sent me that I thought would look lovely together, plus some pretty black buttons:

Since then, I've only managed to finish one more:

I really love the piece of dresser scarf I used for this, with its huge appliqued yellow rose!  It's here in my Etsy shop.

I've spent the weekend in bed with less ornate pillows, sick with a brutal cold.  Cheer me up: tell me what you did this weekend!

Comments

Linda Sue said…
wonderful one- I have your little cushion up on my bloggishness- thank you so much ! You are so good at putting things together I just KNEW you would do some magic! Stop being ill or some one is going to have to send you on a sunny warm holiday...either that or a spanking...Feel well soon! My son has been ill for two days- must be better by morning to go to his classes...I blame the volcano...
Bunty said…
Sorry you are poorly Laurie - get well soon!
Lovely pillows - they are really pretty.

We went for a walk through a bluebell wood on Saturday, followed by coffee and cake at a nearby tea shop - a lovely way to spend a Saturday morning! Hope that cheered you a little. :)

Barbara
Unknown said…
they both are so pretty.....what a nice thank you gift for Linda Sue.....
Bunty said…
Laurie, glad the bluebells cheered you up. The photo on my sidebar is of a bluebell wood but not the one we visited on Saturday. Aren't we lucky having more than one?

Thanks for saying you like my new header - I'm waiting to hear from Sew Somerset on it.....!

Barbara

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons