Blessed Right Down to My Toes

Michele of Something Special asked me to do a May Day swap with her, and so I gathered up some vintage fun and sent it her way; wanna see?

I started with this sweet vintage tin with a photo of Spring Flowers by Currier and Ives -- isn't it delicious?  I love tins like this!

Inside went some doilies, a sweet little sugar and creamer on a tray, an old but new package of grosgrain ribbon, buttons on a card, hooks, and a little tag I made with pink seam binding.

I also put in Scrabble tiles that spelled out her name, a tiny plate, mother of pearl buttons in different sizes, a very pretty lace embellishment, and a packet of doo dads, including a black belt buckle and a needlepoint-covered button...

...plus a bit of paper ephemera and some vintage millinery!

It wasn't the most inspired wrapping, but I did include one of my new business cards (the green one on top) that I recently made, along with a tag made from an old one.

I think she really liked it!  I'm looking forward to getting her package any day now.

Then, the other day, I was sweetly surprised by Angela Catirina - she's one of my blogging and Facebook friends.  (See her amazing knitting and crocheting patterns in her shop here.)  Angela read on FB that I had been feeling kooky and had my toenails painted lime green when I had a pedicure.  She asked for my address and a few days later, this arrived in my mailbox:

 Toe rings!  Made by Angela!  Enough for four feet, I think!  With the cutest card, sent in a lime green envelope!  Her generosity is only surpassed by her joie de vivre!  Take a look:



I promise you, only Angela could make me post a photo of my foot on my blog.  (She may not realize it, but that is a compliment.)

Yes, I am blessed right down to my toes.  And I'm racking the other end (my brain) to figure out what I can send her in return -- what could be Angela Catirina-worthy?  I will come up with something perfect!

Oh my, if I could knit, I would SO make this!

Comments

Bunty said…
What a beautiful swap gift Laurie - no wonder that Michele loved it - who wouldn't?!

It's so nice when extra little gifts come your way, especially out of the blue. I have a little something I am finishing off which has your name on it! I will let you know when to start stalking the postman!

Have a great day.

Barbara :)
Linda Sue said…
She's a lucky one! And your toes are very happy- LOVE love the green! Perfect spring colour. Toe rings would drive me crazier...I can't stand pedicures- My feet feel neglected but they still do their job.
Angela said…
LOVE the toe rings!
What a treasure of gifts you sent to Michele!
Angela Catirina said…
OMG Laurie! You crack me up! I can't believe you had something of me to post on your blog. Your toes are just ADORABLE! I hope you get lots of sunny weather to wear every one of them out this summer.

I am so happy to count you as a friend :0) You always make me smile.

Hugs!
Angela Catirina

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons