Thrifty FABRIC Finds

Even though you know me as an avid antique button, paper, and china collector, my all-time favorite and most consuming passion is vintage and antique textiles. This includes lace, ribbon, crochet, and even thread. I'll never get tired of old embroidered runners - they remind me of my grandmother, and how we sat together on her sofa while she patiently taught me the skill, and watched as I sewed on stamped tea towels.

I almost never buy plain white ones anymore, but these I chose for their bright red edges, and colorful thread used consistently in the design.

This crochet piece is more than a yard long!

And I found this green crocheted leaf so interesting!

Again, with crochet also I tend not to buy it unless it's colorful or unusual, like the way they worked pink into this one

And I liked the combination of designs, particularly the ruffled edge, of this light green one -- plus the size!

I got a little carried away with monograms one day...I don't even know anyone named Sally... so these will go in the shop

I don't often buy plain white linens anymore, as I mentioned above, because I have so many, but these monograms were just so lovely and well done!

And, if I see lovely intact lacy crocheted edging like the above, I will sometimes break my "no white" rule!

This large stamped yellow rose tablecloth in pristine condition was the most expensive item among these photos, at $3.99.

It's getting close to Christmas, and who can resist these vintage poinsettias?

I might have passed up this colorful block tablecloth...

...until I noticed the label

Finally: I've been getting into these graphic vintage pieces lately, like the pig above on a dish towel

...and this fun fabric!

But the fabric on this pillow cover, which has a zipper and is quilted, is just the era and the kind of design that makes my heart go pitter-patter these days! Look at that color!

Most of these will go into my shop as soon as I have time; if you see something you can't live without please email me and I'll speed up my process for you!

Comments

Melissa said…
Really cool finds! I love the green crocheted leaf and the pretty crocheted edging. That is something I'd like to learn to do, someday. :)
Angela said…
Lovely finds! I would have a hard time passing up those crocheted doilies as well! :o)
Sherri said…
I'm just green with envy! I can't seem to find a tablecloth ONE at my junk/thrift or yardsales. I don't even OWN one. So I've been on the hunt. LOVING everything you found!
Christine said…
I don't think you and I could go trift storing togeher. We'd fight aver everything! I especially like the crochet pieces.

Blessings,
Christine

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons