Spring Has Sprung

Well, the weather here's been nice a couple of days in a row (highs in the upper 60's yesterday) so I am finally, slowly getting out the spring decor. With Easter right around the corner, I started with the bunnies.I got this idea from somewhere but can't remember where - magazine, blog, website? If you know, please comment so I can give credit where credit is due! I used my favorite trifle bowl and will replace the plastic eggs with real ones we decorate this afternoon.

UPDATE: I slept on it and remembered where I'd seen the bunny Peeps idea: it was on Karen's blog, here - the 4th photo down! Thank you Karen for the inspiration!

Remember when these bunny-shaped pillows were popular? I made this one about 15 years ago from my very first cutter quilt.

Same story, different shape and fabric; this is new (well, vintage now!) fabric with vintage buttons.

I've filled the jellybean jars, too. It's beginning to feel like alot like Easter.

Comments

Beadyjan said…
Aww I love the bunny pillows I haven't seen them before.
Anonymous said…
I can't get over the ingenuity of that trifle bowl! I have the same one and to think how cute you can make it for such a small amount of cash! Thanks for posting this Laurie.
Unknown said…
I really like the trifle bowl idea.
Pretty Things said…
That trifle bowl is awesome!!!
Anonymous said…
Happy Easter Laurie,

I love the idea of the trifle bowl filled with sweet lil' peeps, grass and eggs. What a great idea. Sweet little bunnies too.

Kris
Micki said…
I love the bunnie pillows. What a great idea!
Micki
Unknown said…
Debby, Oh, I love how yours came out. I thought that was an adorable idea in that candy shop. Your bunnies are wonderful too.

Happy Easter.

Karen

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

A new year

One World, One Heart 2011