Must-See Saint Louis Thrift Stores?

We're going to visit my in-laws in my husband's hometown, Saint Louis, Missouri, and I plan to visit thrift stores! I have very happy memories of visiting shops in Alton, Illinois, just over the bridge, on a visit -- it was there that I discovered my first button tin and there's been no going back ever since!

I'm going to arm myself with a GPS and I'm looking for suggestions of "can't miss" antique malls and second hand stores! Or events. I'm not looking for clothes -- just fun, vintage items and especially textiles (you know how I am!)

If you have any to recommend, please let me know as soon as possible!

Comments

Lenox Knits said…
If you are looking for resale clothes you shouldn't miss Scholarshop. They have 2 locations in West county. My favorite antique mall is Treasure Aisles Antique Mall on Big Bend. They are pretty close together and my girlfriends and I usually make a day of it and go to both Schlarshops with the antiques in between! have a great time.
Laurie said…
Oo, thank you for the info! I'm planning to go to your friend's shop, too!
said…
Have a great trip! Can't wait to see what you find when you get back. :o)
Lenox Knits said…
I can't beat honeymooning with your in-laws:) If you are going to be in the St. Charles area I hit the St. Charles antique mall on Hwy 94. They have a vendor right in the middle full of buttons. Have fun!
barb cabot said…
Have fun Laurie! I hope you find many treasures.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth