Community Garage Sale Madness

Okay, so I promised you photos of the fun stuff I found at our annual community garage sale:

Two cloches, one better, with etching around the lip and a fancy handle, and one larger and plainer; and a whole box of beautiful old glass Christmas ornaments!

This fancy shoe, which I picked up for my mother-in-law but am now in love with...I think I may have to keep it for a while!

This beautiful book of wallpaper modeled from antique textile paintings -- I had coveted one such book in a gift shop in Mendocino, CA about 15 years ago!

It came back to me now -- brand new! Each painting has two pages of tear-out gift wrap, so you can use one page and keep the other.

This quilted runner is long enough for my long counter over my kitchen sink, and that's where it will be this summer. I also found the great little cufflinks made from antique men's buttons, showing a fishing scene, complete with Labrador Retriever! And this cute little brass pill box!

I also bought an iron, new in the box, for $1, from a bachelor. It's a better iron than the one I've had for our entire marriage, so I'm super happy with that practical purchase as well!

The last couple of days I was busy with my son's small group of sleepover buddies who descended upon our little house for 24 hours. Pound pound pound (slam) pound pound pound (slam) (scream! yell!) That was the sound of the kids running in the back door, across the first floor, and out the front door, then being attacked by Nerf gun bullets, which was what they were doing when not playing video games and eating! We also went to a movie and out to dinner.

Here they are having Ben's ice cream birthday cake in my otherwise demure dining room.

It was loads of fun, really. I'm so happy he has such nice friends!

I'm leaving town with the boy to visit my elderly aunt in Nebraska for a few days, but have written up and scheduled bunches of posts to run in my absence. I'll look forward to your comments and catching up with all of you when I get back, so please keep visiting!

Comments

Oh, what wonderful finds! Love the shoe, the cloches, and that book. Good for you. Thanks for sharing with us. ; )
~Michele
Spotted Sparrow said…
Your yard sale finds are great, especially that book. I've never seen anything like it. It sounds like Ben had a fantastic birthday - sleepover, water guns, video games, and junk food. Do you think it would be bad if I asked for that for my birthday? :D
Angela said…
I absolutely LOVE the Christmas ornaments! I have just a few that are similar, that were my Grandmothers. Oh, what a treasure!
Looks like the party was lots and lots of fun! With a trio of 11-year-olds and a 2-year-old in the house, full time, I can relate to the pound pound pound (slam)! :o)))
Micki said…
I love the shoe, but everything was so nice!
Micki
Christine said…
What goodies to find at garage sales. I'm really jealous of the Christmas ornaments. I collect them. I know, I have hundreds but I'm always looking for something different.

Blessings,
Chrisitne
Pretty Things said…
That looks like it was a lot of fun!
Linda Sue said…
GREAT STUFF! Although I was surprised to see the christmas ornaments- on my blog roll thumbnail it looked like eyeballs and I got very excited!
Allidink said…
How fun and how neat! I love vintage wallpaper like that too! I wish I had it! LOL. Great finds :)

All the best,
Allison
Lydia said…
Fun finds!Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth