Pins, Tags, and Packing Bags

Rie over at Simple Pleasures was my pin cushion swap partner. She's a very talented quilter, wife to a soldier deployed in Afghanistan, and mother of two. She just posted that she'd received my package over on her blog. Her style is primitive, reproduction antique quilts, and so I tried my hand at that. I'm so glad she liked it!

I've been working on some tags for gift bags that I'm taking to St. Louis. As I may have mentioned, there are few in my "real" life (as opposed to "online" life) that like the same vintage things that I do, and that includes my in-laws. So, I don't often share much of this side of me with them. I decided I need to change that! So, I'm going to give out these tags with the coffee gifts we're bringing.

Here I used one of the cool paper flowers I made;
the one on the right was my try at a patriotic tag

Here I used some of that great wallpaper I bought in Nebraska;
these are way more "frou frou" than my usual style, but I think they're sweet!

I'm really partial to Raphael's angels. Here's the front...

and here's the back
The coffee thing's kind of special, too: a local roaster, Pike's Perk, has generously allowed my son's Jamboree Troop to sell bags of their coffee as a fund raiser for their trip to D.C. next year. (My son is very privileged to be going on a 2 week trip to attend the 100th Anniversary of Scouting Jamboree! I'm so happy for him, and a bit envious. He's going to have the BEST time!)
For every $9 bag of coffee we buy, $5 is credited back towards the trip's cost, which is ~$3,000 per Scout. I think the coffee makes a lovely, exclusively Colorado, gift for my coffee-loving in-laws!

So, we're leaving early this morning for St. Louis and will be away about a week. Since they have Internet at their house, I'm hoping to be able to keep up with reading your blogs in free moments on the trip. And, I've scheduled posts to run while I'm gone so I hope you'll keep visiting! I'll be back with, hopefully, some great vintage finds to share with you! Have a great week, everyone!

Comments

said…
What super lovely tags Laurie!

Enjoy your trip!
Pretty Things said…
Those are so awesome! What do you do with all the wonderful things you get from swaps?
Lea said…
OMG, Your tags are SO beautiful! What a great idea to use the paper flowers on it. Love it, love it!
Allidink said…
Awesome. Those tags are really really cute! Have a nice time :)

All the best,
Allison
Micki said…
The tags are beautiful! I really love them!
Micki
Lydia said…
You should come along, and we could get together!:) I live about an hour and a half from DC-some areas maybe less.
Spotted Sparrow said…
The tags are beautiful. You're family is going to love them!

Ahh, memories...I used to manage a store in downtown DC and remember hordes of boy scouts flooding in every summer. He's going to have a great time. :)
Joanne Huffman said…
very cool tags.

Joanne
Viola said…
Wonderful tags, Laurie!! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth