Queen of the nest

That's what I feel like today -- the Queen of the nest! -- after receiving my Birdsong Tagbook swap!
It arrived yesterday, prettily wrapped in a page covered with eggs, tied with Marie-blue ribbon!
Karla's beautiful birdcage cover, embellished with...
a gorgeous blue bird feather, and her hand painted charm!
The reverse of her tag book cover had sweet, tiny rick-rack embellished trim and layers of wallpaper.
My first beautiful tag -- a wonderfully layered bird in nest made by Robin Sanchez.  I love, love, love the bird and the tiny farm scene in the lower right corner of the tag, and the shrinky-dink flower that hangs from the bottom!
Look at this sweet, hand painted tag from Laurie May!  I love the soft pink color, her frilly birdcage, and the texture of the piece.
Here's the back -- she made is so lovely, didn't she?
Terri Gordon's tag -- you already know I think this is FABULOUS!  I adore the paper she used for the background, too.
Amazing, amazing layers of embellishments and detail by Wendy at Blissangels!
Here's the reverse -- look at the tiny bird stamped on the back of the wings from the front!
The next one has the most beautiful grays and shadow colors that move perfectly into greenish hues...
and sparkles!  I love this tag by Marilou Bain.
The gray and green tag above transitions perfectly to this one by Beth Leintz; it is layers of wonderful vintage wallpaper and then this image on a card of birds, yellow on gray, all stitched together!  Beth is a new friend from the Birdsong weekend we both attended, so it was so fun to receive a tag from someone I know!
Karla knows how I feel about buttons...
so what a joy to end the bundle with this beauty by Abby!  I don't know if I will ever get over...
this little crown!  It is cuteness itself!

What a wonderful swap!  It will be bringing me joy forever!  Thank you Karla!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Laurie, Thank you so much for the comment on my tag and I'm so pleased that you like it. Karla did a beautiful job on the swap and all the tags are so pretty and such a wonderful array of talent we are blessed with and able to share. I appreciate that fact that you stopped by my blog to say hello and let me know you were one of the ones who received my tags. It is always fun to see where they end up. I still have to post mine and I'm in the middle of the Artful Gathering online work shop taking 3 classes. I'll try later this week. Nice to meet you and I shall follow as I always love to see what others are up to and make new friends.. Have a wonderful rest of the week! Hugs Marilou
Tammy said…
Oh, my! Those are gorgeous tags! What fun!
Unknown said…
Laurie...Just beautiful tags! Loved taking a peek at them...
Oh how I wish I had gotten in on that tag book swap. I just had too much going on. I guess you can't do it all. It looks so lovely! I love them all!
Lisa said…
Ooooohhhh!!!! So beautiful! I can hardly wait until mine arrive. I'm checking the mailbox daily. :)
Suz said…
Totally fabulous. I am gobsmacked!
Hugs,
Suz
Tami Hacker said…
Everyone did such a wonderful job on their tag swaps. Your swaps are scrumptious!
Terri Gordon said…
Hi Laurie, Thank you so much for the kind words about my tag. This was such a fun swap, Karla did such a beautiful job. I can't believe how many people were in this swap. I love birds, so it was so much fun. It is such a wonderful keepsake to treasure. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri
Claudia said…
Love your tags. All of you ladies are so creative!
Becs said…
Hey Laurie. What amazing tags you got! I was a little
Late sending mine so I am just gonna enjoy yours for now. I can hardly wait though. I have been working on your matchbox and hope to be finished with it soon. I'll let you know when it's on the way. Becs
Anonymous said…
You are Queen of the Nest Laurie! These tags are amazing!
Me! said…
Hi Laurie! I have one of your tags! did you do them all the same? My gorgeous one is green background with a green bird, and "SING"! Thank you so much! The effort that you put into it is obvious! I'm betting you hand wired that little branch! I LOVE it! Thank you! It is just perfect! Wasn't this fun!?
~Debbi :)
Debbi Thinks Deep
Unknown said…
Wow, what a treasure! I did a bird tag swap about a year ago and it was so much fun and the tags were amazing. Is this an ongoing swap? I see at the bottom of this post a couple other posts that have Birdsong Swaps. If so, let me know if I might be able to join in on one. ;)Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth