The Brass Armadillo in Wheatridge, CO

I recently made the 90 minute drive up to Wheatridge, Colorado to meet my buddy Suzanne at The Brass Armadillo. It's the first time I've ever been to one of the Brass Armadillo antique malls.
It was huge.  The store is so big that I couldn't see it all in the time allotted, but that's okay.  I wasn't really trying to see it all, just the best stuff.
The first thing I saw that I found really inspiring was this wonderful embellished dress.  It was hanging near the snack bar they have in there, which serves very good coffee drinks, snacks, and lunch.  How convenient is that?
This store's aisles are named for states; the store is a co-op, so all the booths are by different vendors.  This one specialized in Pyrex and vintage kitchen items.
There were a lot of pretty displays, like this wicker chair that would have looked right at home on my back patio...
and this lovely print, which reminds me of the art you see engraved on coins.
This gal made cute button bouquets, and kept her things in one of the many glass shelved cases near the front of the store.
I think I only spent about $20 at the Brass Armadillo that day -- mostly on ephemera -- owing to the fact that Suzanne and I hadn't see each other since Birdsong and did more talking than shopping!  But I will definitely be returning to the shop the next time I'm in that neck of the woods.

Comments

HI! I'm Tabitha said…
i just luved the brass in kc... hope you had a lovely day shopping
hugs
Wanda Maria said…
How fun for you! I used to shop at the Brass Armadillo when I lived in the Phoenix area. We don't have one where I live here in Arkansas... :(

Glad you had a good time! Lucky you!
Lisa said…
Ooooh~ looks fun!
Beth Leintz said…
I've been to Brass Armadillo's in Kansas City, Des Moines, Omaha and Phoenix. One thing I like is that they are all laid out the same- and if you luck out and start buying enough that you create a pile at the front desk, by the time you're done shopping, they already have everything entered in the computer so check out is fast.

And what a great place to catch up with Suzanne- I'm sure that's a trip you could make again.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth