Autumn antiquing in small town Florence

Dennis and I had a "date day" on Saturday since Ben was off camping; it was the most beautiful Fall day.  It was a beautiful drive, past groves of bright orange and gold aspens.
Main Street, Florence
Our first stop was The Mezzanine, which is two floors of great stuff and thoughtful arrangement with lovely vignettes.  They were in full Halloween mode!
We were greeted by the Madam
Scary masks -- which were original art
I really wanted Miss Sally Victor's rose-covered hat!  Alas, it was too small for me.  Most vintage and antique hats are -- I have a really big head!
Another lovely, too-small hat; this one is perfect for Autumn!
Even Dennis found some things here to like; such as this vintage signage...
and the building's original stairs, which are incredibly sturdy and well-made.
A corn husking machine
Isn't this apron-display a clever idea?
I could use something like this in my house, for all my beautiful linens!
At Mezzanine, I picked up some beautiful Czech glass buttons -- black glass --
and the cutest little cube buttons made of soft wood!
Also this very sweet old black and white trim!
But this was my favorite buy...
It's a teacher remembrance gift, given to a student who graduated in 1916!
The inside is printed with sage advice -- a send off.
It's lovely!
Next we visited Fox Den Antiques, which is full of gifts and home decor
as well as wonderful antiques!
Just getting ready for Christmas,
there were some adorable heart-shaped,
hand-sewn ornaments with buttons on them!
Of course I had to take one of those home with me,
as well as:
another beautiful heart ornament,
cut from an antique metal ceiling tin
And dreamy ephemera, like this antique, handmade folder
With sewn pocket, to hold onto clippings before they were
put into a scrapbook.
an old account book, and newer (but still old)
tally card with adorable graphics!
 And then this -- A Telephone Book for Teenagers
I think it's from the 1950s.
Each page has a different teen on it...
I wonder what Rosemary did to be crossed out of the book?
Poor, misunderstood mom!
The whole thing just made me smile!
Next: a couple more Florence stores,
and more of my buys!

Comments

Wow - looks like a great day out. You found some lovely things - love the telephone book - fab!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger
I just loved antiquing with you today, Laurie! What wonderful eye candy and the Teacher Remembrance spoke to my teacher heart! Looking forward to seeing more!
xoxo
Karen
Hope said…
....oh such interesting finds. The teen telephone book is so cute....too bad iphones have taken over....LOL!
XO~Hope
Tammy said…
What fun!! I love the hats at t hat store! I'm thinking I should do some antique road tripping before the snow flies!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

Flagler College in St. Augustine: the Tiffany connection