The View From My Window

I thought it would be fun to show you this antique window makeover I did a few months ago. I bought the window for $10 from The Barn in nearby Castle Rock; they have a huge stack of them out in the back of the store, and many other architectural elements as well. I nailed three small shelves to the front of the window at the sash. The window originally had white paint trim but I painted it and the attached shelves brown.

Right now it's hanging in my dining room, over the buffet. During different seasons I put small items on display on those handy shelves and drape silk flowers over the top of the window. Right now I have the metal and mirror piece hanging from two small nails to decorate it, instead.

I like the window on this particular wall because the painted hydrangea wall treatment shows through nicely.

Comments

Jacilynn said…
Gorgeous! Love this
kari and kijsa said…
Absolutely fabulous re-do!!! Great arrangement!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Cheryl said…
I want an old window...yours is so darn cute!
What a fun idea for those old windows! {we can't help admiring those lovely walls too!!}
Karla & Karrie
Unknown said…
I love old windows! They have so mcuh character...This one looks really nice!
How wonderful! I love it.

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons