Button charm

The final swap I did for Birdsong Two was 16 charms which we sent ahead to the hostess so she could create a necklace for each of us.
I decided to create mine with buttons!  I used mother of pearl buttons, china buttons, glass buttons, metal buttons, and 16 matching, finely pressed medallion buttons.
I designed them into little dangles, or chandeliers, each with three different vintage buttons.
I added a beautiful antique glass aurora borealis bead that had belonged to my grandmother to each; and then used some Czech glass beads and some pearls for other elements.
It was a lot of fun, and gave me some good practice for bending findings which I will have put to good use at Birdsong Two, as one of the projects is a gorgeous necklace we build from scratch!

I can't wait to show you this finished charm necklace from the swap -- as well as the one I made at the event!
Here's a gift I made for Beth Leintz, one of the Birdsong Two teachers; she has a little terrier named Button..
so I thought this antique card with amber glass buttons was just perfect for her!  I framed it in an antique, velvet-backed frame.
I dug deep into some of my treasured buttons to make this card for Lisa McIlvain, another Birdsong Two teacher.  I didn't realize she loved buttons like she does, so I had to treat her!  The largest one on top is heavy metal with huge rhinestones -- it is swoonworthy!  I also included a clear glass shell-shaped button, and some choice old plastics, plus a heavy milk glass button with chipping gold paint.  The one at the very top is a very old crocheted silk button that was made to be fastened to a fur stole!

Stay tuned for photos and news from the event itself!

Comments

Lynn Holland said…
Great fun, great buttons. I bagsy the bottom one black with cream.
Lynn
One I made earlier today
Lisa said…
Laurie, you are over the top generous! Love your charm and so happy that I participated in this one too.
Dee in N.H. said…
Can I just say WOW?! It's all gorgeous and I can't wait to see the whole necklace too!
What lovely charms you've created and the little terrier in the frame is adorable. What a cute name and so perfect with the little buttons.
Linda said…
love the charms. creative as well as beautiful.
Beth Leintz said…
Laurie, I just love my "Button" buttons. Thanks so much. What a fun weekend, so nice to see you again...(and yes, I was nervous before teaching...thats why I wanted to teach first)
g.a.s. art said…
Just joined your blog.What beautiful eye candy.I would love to be your swap partner any day. So glad I found your blog via Button Floozies.
Thanks g.a.s.
Wendy said…
Wow Laurie, looks like you had a lot of fun! And I just love your charms that you made, they are just beautiful!
Girl that is all gorgeous stuff, I would love to know how to bend those pins to add charms to it etc.

I know who ever gets those charms will be thrilled and i love all the buttons of course

I just seen your last two posts about all the button tags etc , I LOVE THEM , someday I am going to attend an event like that to learn how to make all the beautiful tags, necklaces, charms , etc oh the little match box is sooooooo cute

Janice

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons