The Vintage 4th of July Blog Party

Joan at Anything Goes Here is having a 4th of July Vintage Holiday Blog Party, and when I began to see the posts I just had to join in!

How beautiful is that old red, white and blue quilt?  (It was $5 at the last estate sale I went to -- it's a cutter because three of the patches have shredded away, but I'll never cut it, would you?)  The folded flag in front of it is going to be retired this weekend; you can read about it here if you like.

I like this fun decoration -- it's a vintage safety deposit box from an old bank, which has been painted in country red, white and blue!

The USS Constitution plate by Stafford shire, England (ironically) was a gift from some friends I visited in Boston, 25 years ago.  I think it is what started my love for blue and white china!

This is a gift edition reprint of a collection of Ben Franklin stories...

He was a saucy old man, to be sure!


This vintage music box, The Spirit of '76, plays Yankee Doodle, of course!  Notice the funny page of the Franklin book behind them -- that essay is entitled, "Rules By Which A Great Empire May Be Reduced to a Small One."

As I was photographing it today, I noticed for the first time that the Minutemen appear to be floating on clouds -- Spirits of '76, indeed.

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my vintage patriotic things -- I enjoyed showing them to you!  To see the other splendid red, white, and blue posts from the Vintage 4th of July Party, click here.

Thank you for the fun, Joan!

Comments

The quilt is still so pretty, Laurie! What a great deal! I also love the safety deposit box.
Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Hugs,
Julia
A fun post. Love the quilt. I am glad your decided to join the Vintage 4th of July blog party. xo Joan, your hostess. thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/

The next vintage party will be Vintage 4th of July
Laura @ 52 FLEA said…
Hi Laurie,
Loved seeing all your red white and blue. That safe deposit box is grand! Thanks for coming by to visit and I look forward to meeting you in person at Bella! :)
Angela said…
I agree, that safe deposit box is fantastic! The cutter quilt is beautiful too! It looks like the hand-quilting on it must be amazing!
Wow! Love the music box. And of course I adore Ben Franklin. Have a spectacular Fourth!
Christine said…
Al your things are wonderful by I love the quilt the best! Beautiful!!!

Blessings,
Christine
Sarah said…
Definitely enjoyed your patriotic vignette. Absolutely wouldn't cut up that quilt. I love the look of a well loved quilt. What a bargain! Glad it went home with someone who will appreciate it.
~HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ~
Micki said…
The quilt is just lovely! I enjoyed seeing everything!
Micki
Kristal said…
I love the Ben Franklin stuff!! Well, I love ALL of it, but especially Ben ~ LOL!!

HAPPY 4th!

~♥~
Kristal
Lydia said…
Wonderful Ben Franklin pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth