Healthy breakfast cookies

I baked cookies today and when I was finished and the oven was still hot, I whipped up a batch of these healthy breakfast cookies.  I found the recipe online recently, but there was no attribution, so if you know where it came from, I'd love to hear.

I like them for breakfast because they contain no sugar, no flour, and no dairy; but they do have lots of fiber, and are filling.  If you're tired of making banana bread and (like me) don't like bananas in your smoothie -- it's a great way to use up your over ripe bananas, too.  Here's the recipe:

1-1/2 cups whole oats
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 or 3 very ripe bananas
Raisins or dried cranberries
Cinnamon, to taste

I just mash the bananas and then mix with all the other ingredients.  I drop them from a TABLESPOON onto a greased cookie sheet, then, bake at 350* for 35 min. or so.

Once they cool, the cookies will come out firm but moist so I always keep them in the refrigerator in a plastic zipper bag and then warm up 2 or 3 at a time for breakfast -- just pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Comments

Linda said…
a simple recipe but good tasting, my favorite kind of cooking. i think i'll try them.
Connie said…
Thanks for the recipe Laurie. I'm definitely going to try them.
Createology said…
Cookies anytime make me happy. These sound really good...thank you for sharing the recipe. Healthy eating bliss...
GardenOfDaisies said…
These look really tasty, Laurie. I'll have to try them. Wishing you a very happy Christmas!
JoAnne said…
I love cookies, and I love easy! Thanks for the recipe Laurie!
autena said…
Gee, I thought they had popcorn in them, at first! Definitely sounds healthy (and I LOVE the idea of cookies for breakfast!)
Lani Robertson said…
Those cookies sound very good and easy, I will have to give them a go!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth