Recycled Book

I have just finished my very first hand made journal. I used the covers of a vintage reader that I bought recently for its charming vintage illustrations; here is what used to be the book's front, which I have now turned into the journal's back cover:

I drew inspiration from the colors of the original book cover for the rest of the journal. Here's the journal's front:

I included a tag tucked into that tiny paper bag on the front...

...which has, on its reverse, one of my business cards:

Here's the inside front cover, with that fun strip of vintage wallpaper:

And here's Snoopy...

Wait a minute! How'd he get in there?!

And finally, the back inside cover:

It was fun and didn't take very long at all!

Comments

Angela said…
That is lovely! I really love the saying on the tag in the pocket!
And gotta love Snoopy! Jim wants a beagle SO bad!
Linda Sue said…
Great book- "didn't take long at all" You must be getting it down to second nature- that would have taken me weeks! Love your pooch- I had a beagle as a child- she was the wrong breed for a fenced yard...
Anonymous said…
Aren't you clever and talented? We already knew that though. ;o) Hello to Snoopy!
This is adorable! Lovely, lovely work... and Snoopy is pretty cute too ;)
I love your handmade journal!!! Beautiful artwork! Awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons