Saturday, December 22, 2012

Counting down to Christmas

The presents are wrapped and (most of) the groceries have been bought; the baking is done and the wine chosen.
I hope you are making progress at your house, too!
Here's a sweet little book of Christmas carols from a small-town antique store I visited the other day; I love the soft, faded cover...
it's diminutive size...
the illustrations...
and some of the wonderfully obscure song titles!
I made a couple more of the jeweled trees...they are addictive!
 I also got to spend an afternoon crafting with a friend and her curious cat!
We had a cozy lunch with the kids and then did some decoupaged ornaments.
Back at home, I must say that I'm pretty much all set for Christmas.  How about you?

6 comments :

Linda said...

I'm sure it's addictive when you get such beautiful results! Love the trees. I'm as ready as I plan to be and whatever isn't done-oh well. I will be making popcorn balls tomorrow and will finish up the treats making for me. Merry Christmas!

pam said...

I love the sweet little birds illustrated on the "Carol of the Birds" page in the song book. SO impressed you are ready!I thought I was ready but I still have 3 presents left to finish making! Merry Christmas!

Tami Hacker said...

Still have gift wrapping to do and some grocery shopping, but I am ready. We've already had our major entertaining events and are counting down to our quiet & cozy family time.

The song book is darling. I don't think I ever seen Carol of the Birds before.

Drooling over your bejeweled Christmas trees... another thing you will probably get me hooked on!

Hugs & Merry Christmas to all, Tami

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh Laurie
You're so organised!!!
I need a big push at the mo as I've run out of energy - my batteries need charging!!!
Love the decorations you made - I would love you to show us some time!!!
Your jewelled Christmas trees are absolutely stunning.

Christmas Blessings to you and your family dear Laurie and thank you for being a part of my blog this year!!
Joyeux Noël
Shane ♥


Kathy said...

Carol of The Birds - how sweet! Love the illustrations, too and the font that was used. That book is a real treasure.
Merry Christmas!

Dee in N.H. said...

Fun stuff Laurie! I still have wrapping to do. Just stopping by to wish all a happy holiday!