Scrapping the Past

I promised to show some of the layouts I created during my all day scrap a couple of weeks ago. If you're just tuning in, after the death of my parents 10 and 5 years ago, respectively, I inherited all of my family's photos and am scanning them for posterity and also planning to scrapbook many of them.

All of the papers, stamps, inks, etc. are from Close to My Heart. I'm using their That's Amore collection. I love the papers for their vintage look, and their warm and sort of dusty colors.

As you can see, on most pages I have inserted the journaling pieces but haven't begun to write in it, yet. In fact, I'm not sure any of these pages are finished as far as embellishments!

So, here's a photo of my paternal great grandparents when they immigrated with their children to America in the 1900s. My grandmother is the beautiful young woman on the far left:

And here's the only photo I have of my father as a child:

Here's his high school photo, graduation year; in the group photo, he's the guy on the far right, next to the flag, looking pretty pleased with himself. He didn't know yet that he'd be leaving school to join the Navy in WWII.

And here he is as a young man, wooing his first wife, I think:

It's just a beginning.

Comments

Spotted Sparrow said…
The pages look great so far. Love the photos!
Christine said…
Your pages are lovely! It will be such a nice album to have for generations!

I haven't gotten around to getting your gift made for you so I decided to offer you a gift certificate at the online store of your choice. Just send me the store that you want and I'll get it handled!!!

Blessings,

Christine
Viola said…
Wonderful pages, Laurie!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth