Maggie the Wonder Horse

Our yellow Lab Maggie is almost 11 years old, and I think she's feeling every one of those years (that's almost 77 in dog years, right?)
We used to joke that she was "Maggie the Wonder Horse" because of her size.  She's one of those large Labs, and at her peak weighed about 90 lbs.
We've had a lot of names for her; do you do that, too -- make up funny names for your pets?  She's officially named Lady Magdalene of Falcon, but we often call her Magnadoodle, Maggie May, Magpie, Sir Magatha, Maggie Dog Jackson, etc. etc.
For Dennis' Christmas gift this year, I asked artist Lisa Hildebrandt to recreate this photo of Maggie, taken in 2004 when she was at her prime.  She used to be so active, and an avid swimmer.  This photo was taken on a summery day at a regional park near our house.
Here's how it turned out; I couldn't be happier with it.  I think she did the most amazing job, don't you?
Dennis was very happy with it, too!
Dennis, by the way, is wearing another of the gifts I gave him: an orange wool sweater.  As you may know, our nearby Denver team, the Broncos, have been having a very good season.
He hopes to get a lot of wear out of that sweater this month!
(Me: I'm a 49er faithful.)

Comments

Janet Ghio said…
What a sweet dog and the painting is wonderful--we have many names for our little Sparky, who will soon be 13!!
Maggie is adorable and beautiful as well.
Kathy said…
What a sweet face she has and the painting is wonderful.
Our German Shepard, Duke, is gone but not forgotten. We called him Dukie, Dukester, Dukarama, Dukus... Thanks for the memories!
Linda E. Pruitt said…
My hubby is looking at dogs with a wishful eye, lately. But we cannot have a dog where we live, wonder if he is up for moving?????
Dee in N.H. said…
What a sweet face!! I busted right out laughing when I scrolled down to that sweet face wearing a 49'ers hat!!
Maggie is so lovely lab! My kids have 2 big labs, with many alternate names. My little Corgi and King Charles do as well!

I am your newest follower to!

Jan
Unknown said…
i just lost my maggie may yellow lab it hurts so much
Laurie said…
I feel your pain. Our Maggie has been gone fir some time and I still miss her. Take care and take all the time you need to grieve.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth