My Pocket Letter Swap for Christmas

Have you ever made a pocket letter?  Maybe you've seen them online recently -- it's a creation made from ATC-sized cards that fit into a nine-pocket card holder page.  I made my first ever one for a swap hosted by JoAnne via her group on Flickr.  Since my partner, Sandi, has received it, I couldn't wait to show you; bear in mind, they are notoriously difficult to photograph!
I used a pale red page imprinted with Christmas sheet music and delicate stamped florals.  I decorated with mostly silver and white vintage elements.
Each of the tiny white and silver tags has a Dynamo-stamped cursive letter, spelling out Joyeaux Noel.  Above, the  top row of pockets; I added a silver doily, a sparkly sequined flower over a sweet image of a little girl cutting paper.  I included a vintage beaded flower spray.



The tags on the second row spell Noel; in the center pocket, a sweet image of two children carrying home a Christmas tree and some boughs on a snowy landscape.  I accented it with a sparkly paper deer pick, snowflakes, a silver star, and a blanket of mica snow at the bottom.
I gave the deer a silver ball collar.
The bottom row is fronted by a little girl in a silvery coat holding a branch of sparkly red flowers; it has a lace trimmed bottom, a real vintage bottle brush tree with tiny glass ornaments, and a spray made from a vintage silver leaf and a green holly floral pick.  I adhered the tree to the front of the page with Christmas-themed washi tape.
What a fun project!  It was time-consuming and took quite a bit of planning.  In addition to choosing, and committing to a color scheme, I needed to make a couple of sketches of the layout before I was satisfied.  When it was all finished, I folded the page into thirds, wrapped it, and shipped it to Sandi along with a card and a few Christmas ephemera gifts and an antique postcard.
I think it turned out very pretty and I hope Sandi truly loved it!  What do you think of this genre of paper crafting?

Comments

JoAnne said…
I know Sandi will adore it Laurie! Full of holiday charm!!
Kathy said…
I love it! It reminds me of the ATCs that were so popular. they were so fun to make!
Very pretty! It's obvious a lot of thought and joy went into this project.
Marrianna said…
I think the pocket letter genre is pretty cool. It definitely looks like it took all that time planning that you mentioned. Thinking and planning a gift like this is good for the heart, the brain, and the soul. I have decided to focus my intentions for 2016 on photography and sewing for my creative pursuits. I would make a pocket letter with photographs if I ever decided to do a swap. For now, I'm busy gathering photos of Mom's and my own to put onto sticker pages for 2 of my sons to have in a notebook. This will be an ongoing project since I have soooooo many photos to sift through and make 2 books for them. Gads, what a mother won't do for her boys, right?

Merry Christmas,
Marrianna
jeanniemc said…
Absolutely stunning...

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons