Birdsong Two: Beth's class


It is pretty amazing to be welcomed into Karla Nathan's gorgeous home and studio for a creative weekend!
She is so fun-loving, and a most gracious hostess!
As aforementioned, Karla's studio is full of inspiration -- everywhere you look!  It's impossible not to be motivated by all the beauty!
We Colorado Peeps showed up with our bird tattoos, ready to make some art!
Beth Leintz taught our first class on Friday morning: it was a collage assemblage.
Look at all the great stuff we had to work with...
Plus lots more available to use...all the classes were like that!
Beth showed us a few different techniques, my favorite of which was...
transferring an image to contact paper and then making it transparent.  I did it with this bird print, mounted onto music paper so that the musical notes showed through.
I had time to make two projects; the one on the left was on a piece of mounting board, and the one on the right is on a book cover.  I didn't use as many elements on each page as some others did...but I was happy with my simpler results.
My buddy Rebecca made two, too!  (Yeah -- we are over-achievers!)
That's my new friend Kristi from Texas who sat next to me all weekend.  Here are some close ups of my bird collages:
We gathered twigs from Karla's backyard, and played with textures...
 like this frayed burlap.
 It was all about layering -- and I really enjoyed trying out the methods!
We painted lightly over the antique papers we used.  We all loved the photos Beth provided -- pages from a very old yearbook!
 I really liked the effect of the paint and stamping on the paper.
I could have done it all day!  But it was time for our delicious lunch!
 
Next: Karla's Woodland Sprite class!

Comments

Wendy said…
Such lovely inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
GardenOfDaisies said…
Oh wow, what a FUN class!!! Your bird pieces are gorgeous!
Linda said…
Love your bird collages. Lots of good texture and beautiful colors. Lovely!
Lisa said…
Oh how fun! I'm still smiling. :)
Your collages came out beautiful!
Kathy said…
Look at all those smiling faces having so much fun! Thank you for giving us a peek!
HI! I'm Tabitha said…
looks like you had a blast doll.....wish i could have joined the fun.....
Beth Leintz said…
You got some great pictures- its so much fun to see all the little details of the collages.
Liz said…
These are seriously beautiful!!! What a FABULOUS class!! looks like so much fun :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth