Thrifty vintage sewing finds!

This tiny chick patch was so cheerful, he had to come home with me, and cost just pennies.  (That fun old "sale" tag came with him!)

You can never have enough old seam binding, in my opinion, especially in this fun lime color!

Found at an estate sale: a little manicure case, a huge roll of vintage seam binding in a pleasing neutral color, an old box of thread, and a little metal tape measure from Germany.

This little embroidered "case" hides...

lots of old safety pins on crochet-edged felt!

A cute set of samplers.

Finally: something I saw at a thrift store this weekend, but didn't buy:

It's one of those exercise things that "shakes" away the pounds!  What a conversation piece that would be!

I can't wait to see what everyone else has found on their thrift store forays; I'm linking up with:


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Click on the links for more thrifted treasures!

Comments

Anonymous said…
My Granny had one of those shakers. It never helped her lose any weight but we grandkids loved it when she got on. When she was in a super mood, she let us each take a turn. What a fun memory this post sparked!
Christine said…
I LOVE your thrifty finds!!! For some reason, that german tape measure caught my eye the most!!!
Barbara said…
What a great haul. I love when I see old sewing stuff across a crowded room. When I'm out with my friend it's a case of who gets there first!
Jingle said…
You found so many FABULOUS things! How fun!!! That machine is pretty funny! I bet it would make a GREAT conversation piece! HA!
Thanks for sharing all your neat thrifty finds with us at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS!!!!

Blessings,
Linda
I love all the finds!

Jane
Flora Doora
Angie Holden said…
I love all of these finds!! I am a sucker for vintage sewing items!!
Lydia said…
Such great finds. Wish I had time today to post..who knows...maybe I'll finish my gazillions of items on my list early, and...nah-fat chance.

I love the rayon ribbon. Believe that I have the same color. There used to be a place called the Pennsylvania Fabric outlet by us. Last time I went, however, it closed. They used to have sales on their rayon seam bindings, and I would scoff up whatever I could afford as a young Mom. Their whole place was just about vintage . You would've gone crazy there. That last time that I went I was determined to get as many different rolls as I could. Wahhh!
Lydia said…
The chick is soooo cute!
I love all your treasures....my kinda stuff. The jiggle machine is so funny, good thing you passed on that one; it brings back memories. You can never have too much when it comes to sewing supplies. I use old ribbon and trim to attach my price tags. Have a great week;-)
deb said…
Terrific finds!!
*hugs*Deb
Susan said…
I love all your finds. I especially love the pin holder.
Unknown said…
my fave is the safety pin holder...I love all old notions though...one of the girls at my work goes to the button conventions and does the card things like you do....I guess she has some really rare buttons. I was thinking of you as she was telling me about it.
Jessica Kaye said…
GREAT finds! I am in love with that safety pin holder. So dainty and beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth