Creating a wedding invitation keepsake, and hiking unexpectedly

Dennis and I attended a beautiful wedding last weekend for one of my new co-workers.  Everything about the day was lovely and we were so glad to be included!
The wedding colors were dark blue and white, and I was so inspired by the pretty invitation that I decided to create a frame for it for them as a keepsake.
Here's how it turned out.  While the images of brides were scans of originals, almost all of the rest of the details including the beaded flowers, millinery and fabrics, were vintage (of course!)  Here are some of my favorite details/close-ups of the decoupaging:





The back, and a little gift card I made to go with it.  I know that decoupaging with vintage paper isn't everyone's style, but I hoped she'd like it, and she did!

This weekend was quieter; after Dennis was out of town for the whole week (and the whole week before, too), he came home Friday and took me to a local pop up vintage market.  It was small, but we had a lot of fun!
Then yesterday we drove up to Greeley to visit Ben.  We had a really nice time on a lovely day with him and Cora; we hiked (accidentally!) at a State Park, among other things.  It was so wonderful to spend time with them.




I had hoped for Fall color, but it was a little bit too early for that; the pretty photo below is someone else's, from another part of Colorado, but I'm adding it for emphasis.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend, too!

Comments

Claudia said…
Oh my, what a beautiful gift! I'm so glad the bride liked it. You are so creative!

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend too!
Linda said…
What a keepsake! Just the kind of personalized item that is cherished ~ forever. Lovely.

And to find a chance hike through nature, well I call that serendipity.
Pallas said…
The frame you made for the invitation is pretty, and it was a thoughtful gift.

Looks like you had nice weather for your family hike.
artemisa said…
Every day I enter your blog, I love it. And I would like to see new things. Greetings from Argentina.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth