Fabulous Vintage Fabrics, Linens and Lace

Since being unemployed, I've made more frequent, shorter visits to thrift stores and estate sales than I normally do.  My husband has been working a lot from home, so in an effort to stay out of his way I've been spending less time in the office at the computer.  The result is that while I've found oodles of fabulous linens and fabrics -- I've not taken the time to blog about them as often as I should!  Today I'm going to try to catch you up -- get ready for lots of photos of vintage fabrics, lace, crochet and some other odds and ends:
 Almost without fail, I end up with lots and lots of crochet and doilies...


Believe it or not -- I do try to limit myself to only the most interesting and unique ones, and leave the rest behind for others to find!  I'm getting ready to make some of those "dreamcatchers" with doilies, so I've been collecting for that purpose.  I buy hand-tatted trim whenever I find it -- because we all know how hard it is to make and, therefore, precious it is!

This pile included some tree-shaped molds, a crochet kit and a recipe box in the shape of a Land O' Lakes package, as well as a 70's era Vera towel with daisies!
And these appliques and large crochet piece I found along with a book of paper dolls and some vintage candle packages!
The pink floral piece is not fabric but paper...it looks like the kind stores would use to wrap candy boxes in.
Along with these goodies, I just loved the daisy napkins in that bright green!  That little poseable wooden figure will be fun in a vignette, don't you think?

This was a large piece of vintage fabric that dates from the 1950s (above) with fabulous lavendar...
 and this blue and gold mod print must have come from ca. the 1970's!
I found yards and yards of these two fabulous bark cloth prints that were probably intended as curtain panels -- the one above with columns and the one below with space age shapes and a great teal green.
They will soon be listed in my Etsy shop!
I couldn't resist this little baby dress because of it's soft, flannel-like fabric and this print:

And at one estate sale I purchased a large quantity of the above vintage Waverly linen, which I immediately used to create a pair of curtains for my family room!
At the same estate sale, I found a wonderful hand made Christmas tablecloth with appliqued candles in fabulous condition!
It is already in my shop here.
As is this rare handkerchief showing gondolas in Venice, by designer Eric Fisher!
 I had to bring home this handmade linen that is over 150 years old...
look at that repair!  It's like a little bit of history.  I'm not sure exactly what I'll use it for but it is so wonderful to touch!

And this ecru doily that is handmade and has an unusual crocheted border that I fell in love with!
Once in a while at the bins I happen upon what is obviously a quilter's stash of fabric...
I am always very "picky" about buying fabric from thrift stores, too, but I love it when I find new, feedsack reproduction prints like this!


These will be fun to have on hand for upcoming holidays!

And a successful thrift store trip usually includes a Vera scarf, or two!
Well, there is more to show you but I'm going to stop there so I can get this posted on the blog!  Thank you for being faithful to come by and read about my junking adventures!

Comments

Wow! You found lots of treasures indeed. We were recently in Colorado for our eldest son's college graduation and enjoyed some thrifting and antiquing in Golden, Salida and Alamosa. :)
Marrianna said…
You always find the greatest vintage goodies. Congratulations. Since I’m on a shopping moratorium, I drive right by our Bins store and I don’t go to Amazon online. Believe it or not, I think I’m satisfied with what I have. I went to 2 estate sales last weekend and found very old books for my latest art project: handmade books. But I spent money from my cash allowance. And I know what you mean about tatting. Always beautiful. The linen piece is also a real treasure.
Claudia said…
Love your finds!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

Flagler College in St. Augustine: the Tiffany connection