I Love Estate Sales! and more Textile Art

I went to a very fun estate sale yesterday, and I love every little thing I bought there!  Here's a peek:
 Three antique lithographs of The Flowers of Shakespeare like the one above; these came complete with...
certificates of authenticity from a couple of decades ago, when the previous owners bought them in England.
I'm not exactly sure what the use was originally for these letters and numbers; they are yellow metal and come in columns of 3.  Does anyone know?
 Of course I couldn't pass this little guy up...
 or this one: it's a tiny stork scissor pin!  It will look so cute in a fabric journal, someday!
 I tend not to buy antique photos, because I always want 25 or so and it gets expensive.  But, I loved all of these ladies so they came home with me.
 Four place mats; they were marked "baroque linen" and they smell divine (if, like me, you love the scent of old linen!)
 You know I have a thing for hydrangeas!  This is a small tablecloth and it's immaculate.

  This silk ribbon with the faint rose print took my breath away.  It's shattered in many places, but there are a few yards of it and plenty is usable!

 Here's a sampler I just finished.  After posting it on one of the Facebook pages I belong to for vintage/textile artists, a sweet new friend private-messaged me and told me she had to have it.  So, I backed it with some beautiful fabric and mailed it away!






It really is a joy to sell your creations -- even if they are hard to part with!
That's why I always take a lot of photos - to remember them and to be inspired!
Here's one I'm working on now; I want to embellish it more, especially on the sides of the center, and then it, too, will be finished.
The center embroidery was a pattern by Charlotte Lyons that I did a few years ago and was keeping for just the perfect project!
I hope you have a creative weekend!

Comments

Lorraine said…
You have such great luck finding the coolest things at those estate sales. And that sampler is gorgeous!!!!
Great finds! Love that silk ribbon and the tablecloth.
Linda said…
Very nice collection. I just noticed that the first litho has the word "Shakespeare" spelled incorrectly. My fav has to be the tiny stork scissor pin. You always seem to ferret out all the best of the best.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

Flagler College in St. Augustine: the Tiffany connection