What I've Been Up To

You would seriously think that, since I'm unemployed, I would have more time than ever to blog and shop and have fun.  But that's not the case!  I'm always looking for work, and getting things listed in my Etsy shop, as well as doing some listing of new products on Amazon -- and time has been flying.
I took a couple of days and went with my cousin to visit my elderly aunt in Nebraska.  I wrote about her and the old homestead many years ago on this blog, here.  We had fun, running errands for her and, of course, doing some thrift shopping.  Of the three days I was with her -- we went to Wal-Mart three times!  That has to be some sort of record!
I found the Nebraska and Wyoming thrift shops we stopped at to be quite reasonable!  Above, some fabric scraps from long ago...
 Below: a Holt Howard cat shaker -- missing its mate, but still too wonderful to leave behind!
 And, of course, some vintage Christmas stuff!
While in Wyoming, I spotted this sign on the window of a shop:
I had to laugh -- but, Longmire is a show that Dennis and I have really gotten into on NetFlix recently!  If you haven't watched it, you should check it out.  It's like Law and Order, Western-style.

Back home, I had a chance to meet a new friend: Liz.  I "know" her from one of the Facebook craft groups, and she let me know that she was traveling to Denver to visit her daughter and invited me to a vintage market with them.  That was a very fun day!
Here we are at lunch after the market; we exchanged gifts.  Look at my wonderful button bouquet that Liz made me!  The little bird vase is so adorable!
My gift for Liz was an assortment of embellishments and little treats, Easter-themed, and especially some glass buttons she mentioned she loved:
It all looked cozy nestled into this vintage egg crate that I got years ago from my friend Suzanne!  It was such a fun gift to put together for Liz!

Some of the fun, lovely stuff for sale at the market...



It was called, The Rebel Junk Vintage Market.  I didn't spend too, too much...mostly I shopped at my friend Amy's booth; here's what I got there:
Look at that BINGO card...I have a lot of them, but this is the nicest one I've ever seen!  It's very thick, hard board and the printing/fonts are just lovely, I think!  It's stamped with the name of a church, St. Patrick's, which I thought was timely!  The little camel is a gumball machine (or Crackerjack) toy charm.  My mother used to have so many of those, and I sold quite a few of hers years ago.  Ben is currently collecting camels, so I couldn't pass this one up!  And I had to buy some more of those candles to replace the ones I sold to Country Living that ended up in their magazine that time! (Note: I'm trying to find a link to that photo -- no luck!  When I find it, I'll post it.)

I have lots more finds and creations to show you and hope to be back much sooner next time!

Comments

Lorraine said…
You sure have been up to a lot! Looks like so much fun visiting and collecting things along the way.
How nice that you were able to go visit your aunt. She looks like a fun lady. The vintage market looks lovely and even nicer to share the experience with a new friend.
Linda said…
That button bouquet and vase holding them are just too cute. The bingo card reminds me of my mom, the only thing missing are the kernels of corn she used as markers LOL. Looks like you had loads of fun. Wish I had been there with you.
Lottie said…
Laurie, I have really enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon. I told my husband about "Longmire" and we watched the first one tonight. We agreed, it was pretty good! Will watch it again!

That was very sweet of you girls to go visit your aunt.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth