Christmas swap, continued, and thrifty finds

Happy Fall Back Day...and welcome to November!  Now we can say that Christmas is next month!
I can say it -- but it is still hard to believe it!
Not that I am not looking forward to it.
Terri surprised me the other day with even more lovelies -- some of them that didn't get into the original Christmas swap box she sent...
and some that she sent to celebrate my birthday, like this FABULOUS Vera scarf!
I love it so much, it gives me goosebumps!  It has the perfect Autumn motif and colors.  And is from the same "line" as this set of table linens that I bought in KC a couple of years ago:
But more colorful, with the pomegrante pink.  I didn't know she'd done fashion accessories in this motif, too!
Once again I realize how lucky I am, with very thoughtful friends who really "get" me!
More treasures -- that little crocheted bird is "doubled"/folded over!  I can hardly wait to use it in a project but I might have to hoard it for a while because I love it so much!
Did you notice this frothy crinoline slip in the background of the last few photos?  It is a treasure I found at the Goodwill store that recently opened in town -- it is one of those "by the pound" stores.
I soaked it in OxiClean and I think it turned out great.  That same day I also bought:
this large bag full of wool blocks...sweaters and tartans that someone was likely going to use in for a quilt...
 I couldn't resist it because of the "pumpkin" colors...
and have already made a couple of Thanksgiving pumpkins from it!  Of course. 
It was the first time I have been to the by-the-pound store, as it opened while I was employed by Goodwill and employees are not permitted to shop there.
I also had to buy this silverly rub-on holly leaf design because it was so "white Christmas-y" -- and light weight.  This entire grouping (crinoline slip, quilt squares and paper) added up to $1.44 at the checkout.  By the pound is very thrifty if you leave behind the heavier items!
In other thrifting that same day...I found a hard cover book by one of my favorite authors.  I started it last night.
I've been doing all my reading on a tablet lately, so it is a treat to hold a book in my hands. 
I just loved this fabric and had to have it for its unusual motif -- with leaves that are fall-like but done in pastel colors.
A stamp/transferred couple of linens with sheep motifs -- one begun -- that I wanted because I have been on a Little Bo Peep kick lately.  It's hard to see it but the one on the right is that nursery rhyme.
And this border fabric, with its teal blue/green basket motif on delicate, handkerchief-like cotton -- old but still crisp and unused.
And a hat, out for Halloween costume fodder, covered with lovely pale purple/lavender cloth and velvet flowers. These will be showing up in my art for sure.
More lavender velvety goodness around the house!
I hope your week gets off to a lovely start, too!

Comments

Linda Sue said…
Love the crinoline, what's to stop a person from sending a friend in to shop for them...silly rules! Glad you have another job now, whew!
Kathy said…
Oh my goodness - so happy to hear you have a "The Bins". It is so fun to dig.

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons