Christmas Redux

Okay, I know I can't be the only one who's still putting away their Christmas things...can I?

Here's something I wanted to share before it goes in the box for next year: a couple of weeks ago I did a scrapbook of all my special Christmas ornaments. As I was decorating the tree I was enjoying putting them all on the tree, these ornaments we've been collecting since we were married 17, almost 18, years ago. They include Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments depicting a special event from the year, and also ornaments we collect whenever we travel. I got to thinking, what will happen when I'm gone? Will anyone remember why this particular ornament is a keepsake? I decided then and there that while I was on break from school I'd create an ornament scrapbook with all the stories in it.

I used a small, 8 x 8 album kit which was on after-Christmas clearance at Hobby Lobby. It came with the little album, pages, some stickers, some borders, and a couple of embellishments. A couple of weeks before, I photographed all the special ornaments as they hung on the tree. I had the pictures printed, cropped them, journaled each description in Microsoft Word with a shape around it, and printed them onto acid-free paper.

Here are a couple of pages of the results!


It's nothing fancy, just functional but still cute, I think. I also added a bunch of blank Christmas pages at the end, so I can continue the record with future ornaments.

I thought I'd had the most original idea on the planet, but then a scrap booking expert friend told me that her Creative Memories consultant had suggested this to her a while back. So much for being original!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons