Christmas Redux

Okay, I know I can't be the only one who's still putting away their Christmas things...can I?

Here's something I wanted to share before it goes in the box for next year: a couple of weeks ago I did a scrapbook of all my special Christmas ornaments. As I was decorating the tree I was enjoying putting them all on the tree, these ornaments we've been collecting since we were married 17, almost 18, years ago. They include Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments depicting a special event from the year, and also ornaments we collect whenever we travel. I got to thinking, what will happen when I'm gone? Will anyone remember why this particular ornament is a keepsake? I decided then and there that while I was on break from school I'd create an ornament scrapbook with all the stories in it.

I used a small, 8 x 8 album kit which was on after-Christmas clearance at Hobby Lobby. It came with the little album, pages, some stickers, some borders, and a couple of embellishments. A couple of weeks before, I photographed all the special ornaments as they hung on the tree. I had the pictures printed, cropped them, journaled each description in Microsoft Word with a shape around it, and printed them onto acid-free paper.

Here are a couple of pages of the results!


It's nothing fancy, just functional but still cute, I think. I also added a bunch of blank Christmas pages at the end, so I can continue the record with future ornaments.

I thought I'd had the most original idea on the planet, but then a scrap booking expert friend told me that her Creative Memories consultant had suggested this to her a while back. So much for being original!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth