Vintage Darlings Snippet Roll Swap

Here's the snippet roll I sent to Cerri; she's a new friend and her site is The Little Pink Studio.
I packed it in a little tart tin (or Jello mold) -- it fit perfectly!
This time I played with some black accents, and I really like the way it came out.
This is the back, and you can see how I decorated the spool with French paper.
Another view of it all rolled up; now, I'll show you each section:
The top; I really love this little girl with the curly hair and the big sash and I've used her in several projects in the past

A photo of a baby girl, and then some of my favorite beaded wedding gown trim...and a tiny frozen Charlotte
Millinery petals in white, and buttons
A little boy and his baby sibling, some antique brown lace and a wonderfully textured old metal button
Another view of that favorite mother and child from my previous post, a Bingo number and a pink crocheted flower
Another sweet photo of a girl, more millinery (I used the good stuff!) and of course, buttons!
You might have noticed that I put many of the photos I used on the snippet roll under a layer of sheer fabric; they show up so much better in person than they do in these photos.
The fabric with the green and orange is a snippet of a feed sack fabric quilt
 Another sweet baby photo and some beautiful crochet lace and buttons

Finally...I created a charm from a tiny frame and another vintage darling photo and tied it on, along with a fabulous "birdcage" button that I just love!
I think what I love most about these snippet rolls is the tiny scale, and the chance to do so much hand sewn detail.  It's a challenge to get it all sewn on so that it remains compact enough for the spool.
Thanks for looking!

Comments

Marrianna said…
Another wonderful snippet roll! You do such elegant and creative artwork. It does look like fun with all the hand sewing on a small scale. I have a bunch of wooden spools and I just might give this a try for Christmas presents for a few lady friends.
I've never heard of a snippet roll before but this is beautiful and I can tell so much love and work went into it. Amazing...now I'm in love with snippet rolls!
hugs,
Linda
20 North Ora said…
What a creative project! You did an awesome job! I am new to your blog and your newest follower.

Judy
Abby / Linda said…
You always come up with such interesting projects! this one is quite nice!
Kathy said…
This is so sweet! I look forward to having the eye issues behind me and being able to hand stitch again.
Linda said…
The black bits absolutely were one of the highlights of this creation. They grabbed my attention. Way to go!!
Unknown said…
Oh Laurie! I love all of the darling details in your snippet roll! I especially love that you layered some of the images under sheer fabric. Such a beautiful idea!! Hugs ~ Heidi

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth