Stitching with neutrals and collaging with color

I don't know about you, but I can get on a roll with creating with a certain color scheme.  Right now, it happens to be...neutrals! 
 I pieced this together at work using leftover fabrics from that class quilt block I'm doing, and from my wool stash. I added tattered lace, and buttons.
 I added a strip of lace to the bottom, and then filled the pocket with little rolls of sheet music paper that I tied with twine, and vintage millinery flowers.
Then I made a fabric heart tag, just for something different!

 More tattered lace for the tie, and one of my favorite vintage buttons.  It's painted wood.  In the background is a little basket piled with hearts I made for other Valentines days, in other years!
But not EVERYthing I've been doing is neutral.  I've been playing with canvas and paper and Deco Pauge again -- the one on the far left, underneath, is just a collage of papers on canvas without embellishment, so far. 
The one on top might be finished...but I'm not sure yet!  What do you think?
That heart in the middle?  It is made of vintage textured (kind of quilted) wallpaper.  I bought it, already cut in its heart shape, a few years ago from a favorite design store that was closing.  I don't know what she had in mind for it -- but I love it on my canvas!


Comments

Kathy said…
The new job seems to be affording you more time for creativity and I love seeing the things you make!!
Marrianna said…
These hearts are wonderful. I especially like the fabric tag. Great artwork!
Such pretties!! Love all the sweet details! :) Have a lovely day! xo Holly
CatieAn said…
oh my just so lovely all of it...but I love hearts any time of the year.
Just found your lovely blog whilst discovering snippet rolls! Look forward to following your posts x
Your pretty creations always put a smile on my face Laurie:-)
Abby / Linda said…
Love your neutrals!!! They are so soothing.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth