Birdsong 4 -- The Banner Swap

I'm away at Birdsong 4 right now but scheduled this to post in my absence; last night we will have swapped our banners.  My partner was Barb; she and I have met twice before at Karla's.  It's always fun to make a swap for someone you know!
Barb let me know she wanted a banner that said, BIRDSONG and that since it was going to be for her studio/craft room, she wanted it to be in moss green/peridot.  Which is one of my favorite colors, too!
I decided to make the banner out of paper.
These letters are made of chipboard; they started out white and I covered them with a soft green paper.
Then I stamped over one side with a soft leafy stamp in antique brown.  I like how they turned out!  I roughed up the edges and then glittered all of the letters with green Stickles.
It took me a while to figure out what "theme" I wanted to use for the actual pennants.
Do you remember those fashion prints I bought a few weeks ago?  Well, I scanned them and cut out some of the ladies; then, I cut out 
some beautiful little birds from postcards. Every other pennant was a fashion gal with a bird.
I decorated the pennants in between with antique postcards and bird scrap.
I embellished each pennant with a variety of flowers, buttons, and vintage lace and crochet pieces.
I put pretty tissue paper on the back of each, and strung them together with some really great old green netting.
I tied several piece of vintage lace and decorated ribbon in between each pennant.
I wish I could have gotten a photo of the whole thing -- but it is super long!
I packed it away in a BEAUTIFUL old tin I've been saving for something special, nestled in a huge piece of crocheted doily.
I also included some of this vintage trim, in case Barb wants to add it behind/strung through the existing netting.
Here's hoping she loved it!
When I return, I'll show you the one she made for me.

Comments

Kathy said…
Oh Laurie, you hit it out of the ballpark on this one. It is simply stunning and I am sure she will be thrilled!
Kathy Bremer said…
Laurie, the banner is so beautiful. Just stunning. A labor of love. Kathy B
Debbie S. said…
Your banner is amazing I love all your special details.
Anonymous said…
You are so lucky to be at Birdsong. I just met Karla at An Affair at Downton in LA. Such a talented and nice lady. Your banner is wonderful and will be cherished.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
sorry I clicked twice, now three times!
It's beautiful and she obviously loved it, as did everyone there!

Oh I like your banners so much and the post before with the altered altoid tins , I did a swap once for those tins and it was my all time favorite swap

you have such fun and travel around a lot
Abby / Linda said…
Love seeing all your creativeness!

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons