Thanksgiving with a side of thrift shopping

Life is pretty busy these days, and I want for NOTHING I can find in an antique shop, thrift store or vintage fair, but -- I still have to treat myself to a shopping trip now and then.
Thrifting is good for my soul.  I found these great alphabet tiles at my friend Kathy's booth a couple of weeks ago.
From another vendor -- a tiny box of Shiny Brite ornament hangers.  This little box just makes me happy!
Yet another vendor had this sunny, out-of-season but still spectacular Vera butterfly sheet in her $2 fabric bin.  Yes, please.
On my last thrift shopping trip a few days ago, I found this more-season-appropriate Vera scarf -- isn't it fun?
Also, a never-used little ornament kit that I will be using to make something like this one I bought recently:
Well, it's a little more kitschy, if that is even possible, but I just couldn't leave it behind!
Getting back to my passion for all-things-Vera Neumann: this year our Thanksgiving table featured the linens I'd thrifted last year in Kansas City:
I loved this set and paid full price for it -- but it's vintage Vera and it came in a setting for 3 which is perfect for when my little family is at home alone for the holidays!
I set in on top of this non-Vera but also thrifted tablecloth -- isn't it pretty?
It made a sweet vignette for our holiday meal.
I enjoyed a stress-less day of cooking; above, my favorite side dish before it bakes -- I love the look of the sugared fruit!
Dennis took care of the turkey, as usual.
Everything was delicious.  I hope yours was, too!

Comments

JoJo said…
Very nice! Great finds too, esp. that kit.
Kathy said…
I adore the little deer ornament and can't wait to see what you do with the vintage kit. Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving and were able to treat your self to thrifting. I got in my share, as well, and will be posting about it soon.
All is well when a thrifting adventure is successful. Love your Vera linens and scarves. Sounds like the three of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...cute pics!!
When I need a "thrift store fix", I visit you. You find the greatest stuff!
Kelli Davidson said…
What great finds! I just love Vera myself and I have never ever found any..........just not lucky I guess. No matter - I get to vicariously enjoy it with you. That little kit is adorable as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons