Ah...September

I'm always sad to see summer end...but I also love September!  It's nice to have a 3 day weekend and I'm excited to do some creating tomorrow!  For the last week or so I can tell you the only thing I've done that can even remotely be considered "art" is a few stitches on a vintage sampler (above.)
I was thrilled to win an auction from shopgoodwill.org the other day: this beautiful etching of an English print by Ernest Wallbourn called, The Straggler.  It has that great old wavy glass and, despite the foxing and the water damage -- I just love it!
It got me started on changing things up a bit more in my bedroom; here, it hangs in what I think is the perfect spot by the window.
While I was at it, I painted those little half moon tables I bought a couple of weeks ago; don't mind the spackle on the floor as I was too impatient to take the photo before vacuuming!
I changed things up here, too; now on my husband's side of the bed I hung an engraving of The Battle of Constantine.  He's a history buff.  That's a PG Wodehouse book I put on his nightstand; it's one of his few, favorite authors.
Then on my side I hung some pretty little prints I'd gotten in St. Augustine earlier this year; they are parts of speech prints and they just make me SMILE!
Except this one: it gives me an ear worm: that Schoolhouse Rock grammar song from my childhood!
I'm being quite good in my efforts to reign in my spending even though I work with all this fabulous stuff at shopgoodwill.org.  Above, the latest two purchases.  How gorgeous is that green evening bag?  I don't know if you can see, but it has a rhinestone studded snap clasp as well as that big feather piece on the front (swoon.)
We have a rule at work that we're not supposed to bid on things we've listed ourselves; the little creamer above is an example of something that came on my "cart" and I had to give it to a co-worker to list.  I'd begun to list it myself, but the more I looked at it/described it the more I wanted it!  It's an unmarked silver plated creamer -- but just look at it's tall profile and the way the handle is shaped. It's hand hammered and so delicate and beautiful I just fell in love.  We all know how much I needed another creamer around here (not.)

Comments

JoJo said…
Great finds again! I love that shade of blue in your bedroom. And thanks for putting the Schoolhouse Rock song in my head! lol
Kathy said…
I love your new picture and I agree, it looks perfect in that spot. I am glad to hear you have the opportunity to switch something you really want with a co-worker. It would be so frustrating otherwise!
Kelli Davidson said…
I love it all!! Every single thing!
autena said…
That evening bag is amazing--love the color! And those speech prints are great too! Glad to hear your job is going well.
Abby / Linda said…
Isn't it amazing how little "things" can tug at our hearts? Love your new keepsake!

Popular posts from this blog

Enter to Win My Two (2) Giveaways for One World, One Heart!

One World, One Heart 2011

True Victorian style: black glass buttons