Thrift shopping as therapy

Thrift shopping/hunting/picking has always been effective therapy for me -- how about you? The temporary job I'm working at now takes me close by two wonderful thrift stores in town; I try to only succumb to the urge once a week.  Here's what I've been finding:
 Beautiful bunches of paper flowers, tagged made in Japan
 Seasonal Vera scarves...
 Including this one that says, Greetings, which I never even knew existed!

 This crocheted and stitched vintage baby blanket, which melts my heart!
Ball quilted jelly jars from the 1970's!

 For Christmas crafting!

 I'm a sucker for scrappy pink glass!

 Someone hand crafted those feathers -- aren't they fun?
 This tiny guy is going to star in a future Valentine art piece!
I couldn't pass up the ampersands -- and the dollar sign will, I'm sure, come in handy!
 I almost left his flower arrangement behind -- but then decided to bring it home and salvage the beaded flowers.
 Once they were cleaned and sorted, I came away with so many more than I had expected!

And, feast your eyes on my most recent, favorite vintage fabric find!
A great deal of the above is already listed in my Etsy shop!
It's a joy to make these treasures available to the junk-loving public!
And then there was this estate sale I went to on my lunch hour...
 It could really be its own, separate post, but here you go anyway...

 A play from another era...

  
 
  I've always wanted to find an old telegram!
  I adore San Francisco ephemera!


 Throw in some bling, and you know you've got my attention!

 Ah...even the re-living is therapeutic!
It's almost time for vintage Christmas!  I can hardly wait!
Who else is getting excited?

Comments

Wonderful thrift shop finds. xx
Kelli Davidson said…
There are so many wonderful photos in this post -- I can't tell you which is my favorite!!!

Tell me -- how are things going??
Lovely finds! I'm still amazed at what you come across in thrift stores.
Linda said…
Those feathers and beaded flowers are just devine...drool-drool. And that button bracelet is to die for. Good finds Laurie.
jeanniemc said…
What great treasures! Glad to see you are working & hoping your husband is too— even if it’s temporary! Hugs..
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth