St. Patrick's Day "Luck O'the Irish" ATC Swap book

I participated in a St. Patrick's Day ATC swap from the Vintage Dragonfly Altered Matchbox Swap group I belong to, and it was so much fun!
This was my offering...I enjoyed using this scan of a vintage postcard, placed on Irish jig sheet music.  I painted around it in a couple of different colors of green, and then embellished with glitter.  I added some green 'jewels' and a little goldtone four leaf clover in her basket.
12 of'em.  I sent them off to the swap hostess in a little box I'd decorated especially to hold them.
(Here you can see what the postcard looked like before I cut out the little girl.)

And then the finished swap book arrived in the mail!  Hold onto your hats, because it is a beauty:
Isn't it delicious?!   If that doesn't get you in the mood for corned beef and cabbage, I don't know what will!  Thank you to Kim for hosting the swap; she created the beautiful covers and bound it for us!

Comments

Vintage Jane said…
What a fab idea. So, what happens now? Does one of you get to keep it ... sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I've not come across this kind of thing before!? M x
LuLu Kellogg said…
Oh wow...this is beautiful!!

Hope your week is going great!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo
Your cards are wonderful , you always have the best ideas
I couldn't get that many done in a month because I have to be in the mood first and then getting an idea is the most important thing and hardest thing for me to come up with

Janice
sjmcdowell said…
Each ATC is so beautiful!! What a wonderful idea to keep them all together in this little book!!

Irish eye's are smiling,

Susan
Kathy said…
Love your ATC and you got a FAB book in return. What a treasure!
autena said…
Sigh, I am so jealous... I love this stuff! Great job to all.
JoAnne said…
Hi Laurie,
I posted our book today too! It really is a treasure. Happy St. Paddy's Day!
mani said…
A unique design is seen here , All the work is creative.
Plastic Card
Plastic Cards
scratch Card
Unknown said…
this is so fun...I am not Irish but I love all the green!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth