Heart creation

I promised some photos of my progress on the Valentine Heart Swap inchey, so here goes!
This is what it looked like when I began to pin it; I used two kitchen linens.  One is a double damask white towel, and the other is a beautiful vintage napkin with red roses on it that I have been hoarding saving for something special.
And here is how it's looking today, after many hours of sewing!  All of the incheys are attached, and I added a layer of vintage doily/runner at the bottom, over the napkin.


I added a few bits of colorful stitching here and there.
Suzanne's little signature was so cute I wanted to feature it alongside her inchey, which is pale blue.
I also sewed on some stray bits of lace and a few sweet embellishments that Mercedes gifted me with her inchey, like the soft white flower with the pearl center.
I'm planning yet more stitching, especially in this bottom corner.
You can be sure I'll show you when it's finished.
This is the only inchey that didn't make it on to the sampler I'm sewing -- the one made by Hope.
I have something special in mind for it, so stay tuned.

So...my husband asked what I was going to DO with this creation.
Cheeky of him, no?
At this point, I'm thinking it will either be a wall hanging or an actual table runner/centerpiece.

Comments

JoJo said…
Beautifully done!
Janet Ghio said…
This is just fabulous! I love it!
Bluefinch said…
Stunning! Love all the pics so we can see the details! Can't wait to see what you do with the frozen Charlotte piece.
XO
Rachel
Anonymous said…
I love what you are doing with this. Makes me want to participate in a swap. You are so creative. Thanks for sharing with us.
Kathy said…
It turned out beautiful and you have reminded me that I need to pick that lace book back up and see if my eyes will cooperate for the hand-stitching now.
Well done!
Wendy said…
whatever you decide for it to become it will be beautiful! What a great idea for those inchies...will you be making a locket with the leftover one? will be looking forward to seeing what you do with her.
Linda said…
The nerve of some husbands, eh? Guess they don't know that you don't have to DO anything...sometimes just cherishing the item is enough. Sheesh, I have to keep reminding myself that they're from Mars and we're from Venus. LOL

Great needlework!!!
It's so beautiful! Definitely a wallhanging! Have a great day. Tammy
JoAnne said…
I love it Laurie!
What a beautiful way to display these sweet creations. I must admit I've never heard of incheys before, but now I know!! Love them all.
Abby / Linda said…
This is just so gorgeous, but I am like your husband, at times--just too utilitarian at heart, wondering what I am going to do with it! :)
Createology said…
Your collage of inchies is now a true treasure to be enjoyed. Creative Inchie Bliss...
Kelli Davidson said…
Oh MY!! So pretty - and so much hand work in it. You have the patience of a saint!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth