Artisan therapy

I spent some time making some tags, to clear my head.  I enjoyed it so much, and it worked wonders.  I started by sewing together some fabric and paper scraps into tags.  That was a few days ago, and then last night I started embellishing them.


There was not theme -- unless "use whatever I have at arms reach" can be considered a theme!  Besides vintage ephemera, I used new flowers and scrapbook embellishments that I've had for quite some time.




Even just looking at them now makes me sigh in satisfaction and happiness!  I think my favorites are the ones that I used vintage photographs in.  How about you?
Besides that, I'm working on this fabric collage.  Here it is just pinned together; so far I've stitched some edges and details, but it's long from finished.
I also made this simple embellished runner, using new printed fabric, trim and then some vintage lace and crochet.  It was a gift for a friend, and she liked it!
I find it even harder to create in the summer, do you?  I just always feel bad about being indoors when I'm free and it's so beautiful out.  I try to do stuff out of doors, but there always seem to be just enough things to make that difficult (wind, bugs, not enough shade...)

I hope you are enjoying your summer!

Comments

Lorraine said…
They're all beautiful but I have my eye on the wren tag. And that quote about the echo rings true! Even though the days are longer, I always find myself trying to squeeze so many things into the time I have between work and bed. I hear you about the heat and the bugs outside. I look forward to 70 degree days with a gentle breeze just strong enough to shoo the bugs away so I can catch up with all the weeding that I have to do.
I think "here's an idea" is my fave, with "feelings" a close second. So glad you're feeling creative. That runner is lovely, too, as is the collage.

Too hot to be outside much here. I'm so hoping fall comes early and stays late!
Claudia said…
I can't pick a favorite, I love them all! You are so creative and I love that you share with us!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth