Wait, what month is it?

Have you seen this meme on Facebook or elsewhere on the web?
It makes me laugh and at the same time it strikes fear in my heart!  Because I had such grand plans for Christmas crafting this year.  I intended to start in July.  Well, it's mid August and I finally did start preparing last week by sorting through my Christmas thrift store finds from this year.
After sorting, I started grouping.  These are all the special shaped tart tins, molds and cookie cutters that I bought specifically for crafting this year; I grabbed them whenever I found them cheap at thrift shops.
But when I went through the stash I already had, I discovered a great supply (above) that probably would have taken me through this year's crafting!  But no matter, because I have an idea to sell kits for making those wonderful little tart tin/mold ornaments this year -- so, extra is good.  I am so excited about this project and have spent time yesterday and today gathering my favorite images to use for backgrounds, etc.  I have a pile of paper to scan and duplicate for some designs and also for ephemera packs I hope to make.
My first step in all this sorting consisted of bringing a bunch of containers up from the basement and washing away the all the dust and glitter from storage, using the garden hose.  This morning I filled many of these up! The actual crafting, though, will have to wait until after my company is gone next week!
Meanwhile, I'm helping to do another monthly Vintage Auction on our public page, Vintage Supplies Marketplace.  I have listed lots of buttons if you are interested in getting some!  Vintage Supply Marketplace on Facebook.  The sale runs through Sunday, August 19 at 9 pm EST.  The necklace shown above is buy-it-now, but everything else that I'm selling is auction style.
It has been an unusually busy month for me for visitors.  First, I went to pick up my Aunt Delores so I could bring her to her sister-in-law's funeral.  It was a sad occasion but I enjoyed seeing many members of my extended family (most of whom I have never met before!)  Delores spent the weekend with us and it was a treat.
The following week my brother Joe came to Colorado from his home in California.  He was here for just a few days and had a lot to accomplish, but we were able to assemble all of the local family together to see him!  Here he is, above, with my son Ben and his girlfriend, Cora, who traveled from Greeley for dinner with Joe.
And here are all the kids -- including Joe's twins Alex and Spencer, whose birthday we were celebrating!  It was a super fun night.
In a few days from now, one of my oldest friends, Judy, will be coming to Colorado -- her first trip here!  I saw Judy last when I went to Margaret's funeral and stayed with her in SF for a couple of days, two years ago.  That's where the photo above was taken, with both of us trying to smile at the cemetery.  I'm very much looking forward to seeing Judy again, under happier circumstances!
We have lots of fun and relaxing planned; the biggest event though is the Rod Stewart concert we're attending on Wednesday night in Denver!  It will be my 4th time seeing him -- he's an absolute favorite and means a lot to me.  At my age, when I hear one of his old tunes a feeling washes over me like no other; it is the soundtrack of my coming-of-age years.  The photo above was taken in San Francisco when I went to see him with Margaret -- our first concert, in 1979.
Here's what we can expect to see Wednesday -- he's now 73 years old!  But I must be 14 again, because just thinking about being in the same room with him again makes me want to squeal like a teeny bopper!  And, oh, I expect to miss Margaret so much that night.  Her death is still an open wound; I am just telling myself to live in the moment and feel joy, while imagining her watching from heaven!  But I would not be surprised if I burst into tears anyway when I hear the opening strains of Maggie May.
Do you have a favorite Rod Stewart song?

Comments

Linda said…
Don't even get me started on Rod Stewart - you know when he's on stage (I've been to see him in concert 4 times) he's singing to me? I know wishful thinking on my part. Here's 2 of my favourites:

"Tonight's the night
It's gonna to be alright
'Cause I love you girl
Ain't nobody gonna stop us now.
"
"I am sailing, I am sailing
Home again 'cross the sea
I am sailing, stormy waters
To be near you, to be free."

Bet you're sorry you asked! I sing right along in my car, full volume, all windows down, roof cranked open. Yup, 20-something once more, lol.

On the other hand, just really curious on what you're planning on crafting with all those tart tins.

Hugs, Linda.
Kelli Davidson said…
My goodness you've been busy and will be even more busy over the next few weeks! I think your kit idea is great -- oftentimes I go somewhere and want to do something but don't have the ability to get out and find a vintage piece that's needed etc.... Making kits someone can buy is perfect!

My favorite Rod Stewart song is Have I Told You Lately --- but I"m a HUGE Van Morrison fan so........ :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

Flagler College in St. Augustine: the Tiffany connection