Estate sale ephemera

My visits to estate sales are few and far between since social distancing, but I visited one last week at a quiet time of the day so I was able to dawdle there.  The sale was in a 100 year old house -- just adorable.  The family's taste was even kitschier than mine.  I could have bought a lot, but I just picked up a few things.  Among them: paper ephemera.

I love old Hallmark items!  These will be so much fun in the Spring -- something to look forward to!
I can't pass up an old Santa priced right.  And look at that squirrel occasional sticker!
I'm really into sheep right now.  The bunny and the boy -- how precious!  I love his outfit. 

This is an advertisement for a new development in Terre Haute -- look at the prices!  It just makes me think of George Bailey's Building and Loan!

More interesting ephemera that I had to have.  Valentine in great condition, an Icelandic service card, and a wine label from Germany.
This is either British or perhaps Canadian-made booklet of entertainment facts from ca. the 1970s or maybe early '80s.  It is so much fun to read!  Clever, tongue-in-cheek writing.

I have a lot of sheet music, but I got this because my college song from St. Mary-of-the-Woods was written to the tune of this one.  It's a happy memory for me.
Someday, I will make a journal to hold all of the beautiful bird themed art and ephemera I have, and this will be the cover!
Although it was tattered, I still really loved this cat book with its drawings and color illustrations!

Here is something I really can't wait to get into: it's a journal written by a woman in 1953.  And, she was so faithful...

She filled the pages with notes of her daily life...

and didn't miss a single day all year!  I love stuff like that -- do you?

Comments

Marrianna said…
Brave person are you!! I miss estate sales and yard sales and thrift shops. Shopping has changed drastically for me as I know it has for you. These are marvelous treasures. I’m glad you had fun shopping for them. Congratulations.
Lorraine said…
I planned on getting to estate sales when I retired, but retiring during a pandemic put the kabash on that. I will live vicariously through your wonderful finds.
jeanniemc said…
Such wonderful finds! My favorite paper items are sheet music & Christmas ephemera.... you really found some great items!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth