Making snowmen while the sun shines

We are enjoying a wonderfully warm, Indian summer here in Colorado -- most days, at least.  Today we went on a 4 mile hike; it was 77 degrees out, with sunshine and blue, blue skies! 
Nevertheless -- I'm spending time making snowmen!  They are ornaments from "paper clay" and the technique is one I learned from a class I took online, by Dawn.  I haven't made them for years, but am getting ready to actually sell at a craft fair (unheard of for me!) so I'm making a new batch for that!
After the little heads dried, I painted their cheeks and noses; now they are ready to be "dressed".
When finished, they will be similar to this guy I made before (above, on a previous year's Christmas tree.)  I hope people love them, and buy them!  I'm also going to make some different ornaments, and put together some packages of Christmas ephemera to sell.  My buddy Rebecca will be doing it with me, and is going to make some stuff, too.
When I was deciding what to create for the craft fair, I dragged up only the Christmas "crafting" supplies (not the decor or anything else...) from the basement.  Above are the boxes and boxes filled with stuff.  So...you'd think that someone with that much Christmas crafting material wouldn't need any more, right?
You'd think.  But, at an estate sale the other day I came across this "tag" covered with glass Christmas balls and decor, and I had to have it.  It was just a few cents -- and look at that beautiful blue!  I couldn't resist!
I finally found a pair of these socks that I saw long ago -- they really suit me!  Especially now, as I've left my job and am applying for new ones.  Job hunting, as you may know, is a challenge and really can make you feel like you're going to go nuts.  In fact, looking for a new place to work against the backdrop of the upcoming election makes me feel a little bit like the whole world has gone crazy.  So, you can see why I needed those socks...

Comments

Kokopuff64 said…
Kitties & snowman very cute! Good luck on the job search. I know the felling, I hate looking too. Never know how to respond to the "what'/ your biggest weakness?" Question. I don't have any, duh!!
Best of success on your job hunting and the snowmen are cute. Socks are usually so underrated but, in my household, a dire necessity.
Kokopuff64 said…
Kitties & snowman very cute! Good luck on the job search. I know the feeling I hate looking too. Especially the "waht is your biggest weakness? " question. I don't have any!, duh!!!
Sami said…
Good luck with the job hunting, never easy...
And good luck with your craft fair, hope you sell lots of snowmen!
Linda said…
One can never have enough crafting supplies <<<>>>, trust me, I know!! Love your snowman ornie and those darling socks. Positive, gotta stay positive re the job search. Look for a niche that needs to be filled and go for it.
Cute snowmen! Love the socks, but especially that blue beaded bell tag. That's a great find. Hope you two have a very successful - and fun - craft fair!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth