Be well

I have a friend at my temporary job who is on medical leave.  She likes shamrocks and celebrating St. Patrick's Day and as soon as I realized that, I knew I'd have to make something for her.  Especially since Terri had sent me such a wonderful pocket letter last year, full of beautiful green things; it was the perfect chance to use them.
The centerpiece was this pennant; I used a shiny, splashy vintage doily!  I love how it turned out with the Irish girl vintage clip!
The sentiment of the banner was, BE WELL
Here's a look at each of the elements:
Terri made that lovely button brooch; it was hard to part with, but I thought it was perfect on the banner!

I've been hoarding this bird themed scrapbook paper forever!
The little crown is a fabric "brad".
 
The Irish girl is another piece of scrap from Terri's pocket letter.

 Vintage sewing-notion themed scrapbook paper, to which I added some real buttons!
 
I inserted some decorated pins into the lace on that page, too.
 Do you see the cute little bird at the upper left?  The rose is a vintage occasional sticker.
I used one of the very last shamrock charms tied to a frame as the finishing touch on the banner.  I get excited whenever I find one, because I had one I treasured as a child that was a gumball prize!
I had lunch with two friends from work today, and was able to give the gift to the one I made it for; she really liked it!  I hope it cheers her.  (She won't be back to work for another month.)
Benjamin came home for Spring Break, so we've enjoyed him all weekend!  He'll be around for another whole week, too; whenever Ben is at home, it's my favorite time of the year.

Are you ready for St. Patrick's Day?

Comments

That's a lovely banner. So much detail. Healing wishes for your friend. My youngest boy is on Spring Break in NY but they are having anything but spring like weather there. My Colorado boy has Spring Break next week. Temperatures in your neck of the woods are looking pretty good right about now. Enjoy!
Kelli Davidson said…
Such a pretty banner! I really can't wait till spring so any reminder is a joy to me!
What a pretty banner, and a very thoughtful gift. I'd be embarrassed to say how many sheets of various bird-themed paper I'm hoarding, but I love it all!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth