National Button Society Annual Convention in Denver, or, Button Bliss

Did you see my post all about BUTTONS on my other blog, Button Floozies?
I went to the showroom only of the National Button Society Annual Convention and spent a couple of hours enjoying all the button competition trays and the room full of beautiful buttons on display to buy!
Today on Button Floozies I posted photos of the just the ones I got from the button "poke pool"!
And, here are some more that I haven't yet posted there:
  a delicious metal button with shiny stones and beads - it looks like a dessert, doesn't it?
Two buttons with mother of pearl insets -- one is celluloid, the other painted wood.
Bird-themed metal buttons; here are some close-ups of those:
Just in time for Halloween: an owl!
But, mostly I bought more beautiful mother-of-pearl buttons to add to my collection.  The other day, Paul Simon knocked over my vintage cloth box full of mother of pearl buttons.  Even though I wasn't thrilled about it, it did give me an excuse to go through it to re-sort them (happy sigh.)
The summer has gotten away from me, leaving me little time for creative pursuits.  I need to find a way to make the time for using some of these beauties!
How was your weekend?

Comments

Such beautiful buttons! I have a small collection of buttons, really have not idea what to do with them, but enjoy looking though them. I think I'll fill a mason jar to display, very unoriginal, but how do you display?
Linda said…
I have mine in vintage Ball jars, sitting in my china cabinet. I also have loads on cards, some vintage, some more modern and not sure how to display them. Nice collection you have Laurie.


Talk about summer getting away made me think that I would rather, after I pass through the pearly gates, that people say "she ran out of time instead of projects to do" because there certainly are many projects (many unfinished) on my crafting shelves at any given time. LOL

Kathy said…
Bravo to you for making the time for the button show and bravo to Paul Simon for making you stop and "smell the buttons" - LOL! Summer is ZOOMING around here. I am having a storage destash yard sale this weekend. I can't wait to get in that slow lane and cruise.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth