The front porch garden chair is out!

After the wettest May on record, ever, in Colorado -- June is here and we are finally seeing some sunshine.  So this weekend I got out my garden chair for the front porch.
I was thinking about how I have probably had this chair for about 10 years now -- since rescuing it from Goodwill as a chair and distressing it and adding an annual bloom.
Do you remember this plaque I made from found scraps, spelling out our last name Jackson?  Well, this year it has become the centerpiece of the chair.

I swiped some fresh white paint here and there over the already peeling paint from previous years.
To me, geraniums say "summer"!  On June 1 my baby turned 18 and with the season comes even more changes -- including a new job for me that I'll be starting in a couple of weeks!

Comments

Sami said…
Love that chair with all the trinkets. Happy birthday to your son and good luck with you new job.
Linda said…
Wow what a neat "Jackson" plaque. Now there's a business opportunity - making/selling plaques with a family name spelled out in scraps. No two would be alike....ummm. And, yes, geraniums do say "Summer".
Lorraine said…
Your chair looks divine! I love the name plaque - might have to give that a try.
Marrianna said…
Love the chair. Love the plaque. Love the photos. Will I do anything similar at my house? Probably not. My front porch gets full sunlight most of the day and things that are supposed to grow get sunburned. One of these days, I hope to replace the wood planks with the artificial planks found at Home Depot and Lowes and get the porch redone. I'll still have the sun but at least if I have plants growing on the porch, it won't get water damage. Glad to hear about your new job. Congratulations.
Abby / Linda said…
Wonderful what you have done with the chair! Love the geranium! And love the Jackson sign!

Oh I like the shabby chair also
Love the chair! We also had the wettest month ever on record. It's been sunny this week, but the DH told me today they're predicting monsoon-like rainfall in about a week. Sheesh!
I love it! Your sign is so cute and the chair is such a fun addition to your porch. Congratulations on your new job Laurie.
chateau chic said…
Your garden chair is adorable!! It's the perfect place for a bright flowering plant.
Mary Alice

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth