Sunday, December 14, 2014

Winter Wonderland Holiday Snippet Roll swap


Mercedes received my snippet roll for our Winter Wonderland Holiday Snippet Roll Swap and I couldn't wait to show you!  I had to work very hard to stick to the "neutral" theme but I managed to do it by adding some pale pink here and there:
I didn't get a photo of the whole 12" length (snippet rolls are hard to photograph) but here is the top section -- vintage Father Christmas.
And the bottom section -- winter angel.  I used a beaded fringe for fun at the bottom, beneath those little winter white crochet bells I love so much!
I like the way the hand stitching gives it a shabby look!
Normally I do a snippet roll wrapped around a spool; but this one was rather wide and instructions were to use a spool or some other kind of fastener, so I did this brooch instead.  To the brooch's base of stone and metal, I made a tiny wreath from vintage tinsel and decorated it with a beautiful bauble. It can be pinned to fabric, or the brooch can be used a picture hanger.
I have some catching up to do here with you all, friends -- I haven't even had a chance to gush about my weekend in Kansas City/visit to Karla's yet, and you will love the photos!  She has some up on her blog if you can't wait.
I really like this photo Karla took of me last Friday: first, because I'm wearing my glasses and don't think I have any other photos of me in my glasses. Secondly, because I love my little stocking creation that I'm holding.  And lastly because I'm wearing some of my favorite jewelry from artist friends, a necklace from Maggie and earrings by Betsy.  All things considered, I took fewer photos at Karla's and more at West Bottoms; I think you will enjoy them all though.  And I have decorated the house and have those photos to show you!  So much beauty and fun, so little time to blog!

4 comments :

Primroses Attic said...

Love your little stocking.
You look really happy and in the festive mood. I want to make more things, but time is running out.
Rosezeeta

Carola Bartz said...

Beautiful details in your snippet. I really like it!

Kathy said...

Love the snippet roll and glad you are enjoying the season!

Nook and Cranny said...

The snippet roll is so beautiful. I love the image of the old world Santa.
Hugs