Winter Wonderland Holiday Snippet Roll swap


Mercedes received my snippet roll for our Winter Wonderland Holiday Snippet Roll Swap and I couldn't wait to show you!  I had to work very hard to stick to the "neutral" theme but I managed to do it by adding some pale pink here and there:
I didn't get a photo of the whole 12" length (snippet rolls are hard to photograph) but here is the top section -- vintage Father Christmas.
And the bottom section -- winter angel.  I used a beaded fringe for fun at the bottom, beneath those little winter white crochet bells I love so much!
I like the way the hand stitching gives it a shabby look!
Normally I do a snippet roll wrapped around a spool; but this one was rather wide and instructions were to use a spool or some other kind of fastener, so I did this brooch instead.  To the brooch's base of stone and metal, I made a tiny wreath from vintage tinsel and decorated it with a beautiful bauble. It can be pinned to fabric, or the brooch can be used a picture hanger.
I have some catching up to do here with you all, friends -- I haven't even had a chance to gush about my weekend in Kansas City/visit to Karla's yet, and you will love the photos!  She has some up on her blog if you can't wait.
I really like this photo Karla took of me last Friday: first, because I'm wearing my glasses and don't think I have any other photos of me in my glasses. Secondly, because I love my little stocking creation that I'm holding.  And lastly because I'm wearing some of my favorite jewelry from artist friends, a necklace from Maggie and earrings by Betsy.  All things considered, I took fewer photos at Karla's and more at West Bottoms; I think you will enjoy them all though.  And I have decorated the house and have those photos to show you!  So much beauty and fun, so little time to blog!

Comments

primrosesattic said…
Love your little stocking.
You look really happy and in the festive mood. I want to make more things, but time is running out.
Rosezeeta
Carola Bartz said…
Beautiful details in your snippet. I really like it!
Kathy said…
Love the snippet roll and glad you are enjoying the season!
Unknown said…
The snippet roll is so beautiful. I love the image of the old world Santa.
Hugs

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth