A Romantic Cottage Christmas weekend

Rebecca and I jetted off to Kansas City to visit Karla and shop at West Bottoms during the first weekend of December.
Later, we decided that we had actually gone to visit Christmas.
Seriously, that is what it felt like to be at Karla's!
Warm, smiling faces and beauty everywhere you look!  New friends, and favorite friends!





Rebecca and Karla looking cute in front of the tree...
We each created three ornament projects from Karla's kits:
 It was so fun to make this little stuffed stocking, Lady's Lacy Stocking
And here it is finished, stuffed with the bottle brush tree, tiny wrapped gift, and vintage Christmas decor!
Angel tree topper or ornament -- On Gilded Wings
It's skirt is layers of vintage materials, including a wedding veil.
 For its base, we chose a piece of wallpaper from Karla's collection -- mine was this pale pink "atomic" styled pattern...
I really loved it and ended up using scraps from the same piece on other projects while I was creating in Karla's studio -- you'll see...
The first thing I did after getting home was put my angel on top of our tree! But I'm getting ahead of myself.
 The third project was this ornament featuring a tart tin and a tiny frozen Charlotte...
 
and a pendant dangle with a BEAUTIFUL rhinestone embellishment
 
Karla called it Angel Pie.
We were treated to a beautiful and delicious sit down lunch...
 in her dining room.

 Individual chicken pot pies!
With this fabulous home made chocolate cake for dessert!  That's Shana in the background, looking every bit as excited as I was to have some cake.
 

 I could not get over the pink poinsettias!
When we finished our 3 projects we just hung out in the studio with Karla and played with some of the extras she provided...
Like these tags I made from a fabulous scrap of stripey wallpaper and vintage goodies! And a couple of sparkly cards...
and another tag...
and these sweet spools using some of Karla's tiny bottle brush trees...and that wallpaper I loved!
I'm planning to glue ornament clips to the bottom of the spools.
Karla shared so much beautiful stuff, and clever techniques with us.
  But it was just so wonderful to be there, cozy and chatting with Karla and playing with her sweet little doggies when they came to visit...
 and admiring everything beautiful...
in every nook and cranny!



We had such a lovely day.  Of course we did -- we visited Christmas, aka Karla's Cottage!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Her home is so beautiful! I so wanted to go that weekend and meet you as well as Karla. One of these days I will bite the bullet. I love how creative you both are.
So beautiful, I love that little stocking! Di@ Cottage-Wishes
Marrianna said…
These images are so lovely and inviting. Yes, you did visit Christmas at Karla's home and studio. Everything that you all made to take home are wonderful. And that chocolate cake? Can almost taste it. I'm also thinking I've never seen a pink poinsettia. Beautiful, scrumptious, delightful!

Merry Christmas,
Marrianna
Beth Leintz said…
Laurie, So glad we had a chance to craft together! Fun to see you and Rebecca. Happy Holidays, Beth
Unknown said…
Everything looks just so amazing!
All things created are wonderful.
Thanks for sharing.
Pallas said…
I wish I lived near KC to join in the fun.
Kathy said…
What a delightful time! I adore your creations and all the Christmas spirit.
Christmas magic! I love everything you made, and seeing Karla's wonderland.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth