The last outdoor festival of my season

Yesterday Kathy and I attended what will probably be the last outdoor festival of the season -- at least for me -- in Florence, Colorado.  It was a beautiful day! 
I love this event because it's both an outdoor Junktique and a craft fair (plus an old fashioned parade) in a small town.

Here's Kathy -- she doesn't like having her photo taken, and doesn't stand still for very long either so it's hard to catch her!  It was so funny going with her to this event because she knew EVERYONE who was a vendor there -- everywhere we walked someone greeted her!

We visited some indoor shops, too when we were ready to get out of the sun and into the A/C.

But I think my favorite part of the day was relaxing on a park bench under the trees and having a long chat with Kathy.
Kathy gifted me a beautiful collection of pretty things for my birthday (more on that in a later post), and I gave her a snippet roll I made just for her.  Yes, sorry, you need to look at another snippet roll!
This one has a glass curtain pull at the end, with a crocheted lavender cover, that I have been saving just for a project like this.

A ledger page covers the inside of the spool.










It was a lovely weekend of celebrating my birthday and other great news; I will be writing more about all of that and showing you some of the beautiful, thoughtful gifts I received from dear friends--so please visit again soon!

Comments

Kathy said…
It sounds like a wonderful time and the snipit roll is gorgeous. I am sure she was delighted with it!
This is my kind of show and my kind of day. Love that desk with the 7up box drawer. Sounds like you both had a wonderful day. Such a beautiful gift Kathy created for you. Happy belated birthday to you.
Abby / Linda said…
Looks like a wonderful birthday trip! Happy Birthday! Not sure what day, but happy birthday anyway!
Kelli Davidson said…
What a great trip! This Friday, I am headed to a place on the other side of OKlahoma (where I am from) to the best kept secret in the Yard Sale world - 18 miles of lake home, country subdivisions, pastures etc...filled with yard sales and flea markets. I hope I have as much fun at mine as you had at your festival!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth