Monday, September 22, 2014

A great day and a new beginning

Some scenes from my birthday Friday, in which I celebrated 50! 

I took the day off work and had lunch and a pedicure with Rebecca
Dennis took me out for a fabulous seafood dinner
complete with birthday "cake" (bread pudding)
Then we saw a local production of a MUSICAL of my favorite novel
Front row



Mind you, I had already been treated to a birthday celebration last Sunday...
 ...at Rebecca's!
Which included my favorite cake.  And we were celebrating something else, too:
today is the first day of my LAST WEEK at Goodwill.
I start a new job on the 29th!
Can you hear the angels singing Hallelujiah?  I can!

6 comments :

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday! 50 was a very favorite birthday for me. Somehow I felt like I had "come of age" and could be who I am. It was incredibly liberating.
Can't wait to hear what is in store post-Goodwill!!!

Claudia E said...

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your new job!!!

Createology said...

Happy Birthday. 50 is a wonderful time to celebrate every day of your year. Creative Bliss...

Vintage Jane said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY!! M x

Curtains in My Tree said...


Happy Birthday Laurie
Your cake looks wonderful I want a slice LOL


Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Happy belated birthday to you. I didn't get a big celebration, so I'm waiting for the next big one next year, lol. Congratulations on your new job. Looking forward to hearing all about it.