Snowman, penguin, snow day!

We are getting snow today!  So, what better time to show you these wonderful items I picked up at a craft fair over the weekend...both of which fit the winter theme!
Did you know I used to collect penguins, for many, many years?  I drastically downsized my collection and kept only my absolute favorites.  It wasn't easy, but it was necessary.
Still, I couldn't resist this little guy when I saw him; it's my first penguin in quite a while!
One of the reasons I fell in love with him is that he's made completely from recycled materials.  The gal who makes him, Cheryl Carlson, calls her company "Seal Bait."  She's committed to using up all of her garbage!  She makes lots of penguins of many different sizes, from a decoupage-like process, using something like a medicine bottle, for example, as the base for the bird.
I think he's very cleverly put-together!
This little snowman, also made by Cheryl, is so unique!
I love his copper nose, his wild, wire "hair",
and the cute stole he's wearing!
His base is a glass soda bottle!

With the acquisition of these
two little decorations,
and the snow that's falling,
it's time to admit it...
winter, and the holidays,
are on the way!

Comments

Lisa said…
Those are so cute! I love this time of year with all the craft fairs to see what everyone is making.
Stay warm and safe with the snow up there!
Marion said…
Snow!!! It's 85 here. I'm green with envy. LOL! I love your penguins.

I've been making Pinterest projects having a blast. There's not enough hours in the day to make all the cool stuff I find there. I painted a bunch of ball jars with 1 tsp. of Mod Podge with a few drops of blue food coloring and they look awesome, antique. I then put those fake tea lights candles in them with dry beans and plan to hang them from my trees. Total cost: $8 for 24 flickering tealights at Michael's! Fun!!!

Happy Crafting,
Marion
LuLu Kellogg said…
Oh my word.....I can't even fathom snow right now. Eeeeek! I know it's beautiful though!

Love your little treasures!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo
Jessica Rodarte said…
Very cute penguin! And I really love that snowman! I'm going to get a better look at him! I love 'em!
Pretty Things said…
LONGING for snow, and love the penguin!
Dee in N.H. said…
Both the penguin and the snowman are awesome! I especially love that they are made from recycled things! We are supposed to get snow later on tonight and some again tomorrow. It won't stay because the ground isn't frozen yet. (thank goodness!)
Your little penguin is adorable. I'm ready for some cooler temps...still hot as anything here in Texas.
Angela said…
LOVE that snowman! And I can see why you couldn't pass up the penguin! :o)
Unknown said…
Olivia is nuts over penguins too...I took her to see Mr Poppers penguins and she just adored it...It was a good time for both of us...

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth