Junktique and Open Market in Florence, CO

I enjoyed the weekend -- especially the parade my son participated in with his high school marching band.  They marched in Florence's Pioneer Days celebration.  It was a PERFECT September day.
That's Ben in the middle, playing the trumpet.
They sounded great, as usual!
We enjoyed the way the whole town came out for the celebration; 
besides the parade, there were crafts, antiques, and lots of great food!
We met so many friendly people as we enjoyed our sausage and pepper sandwich in the park!
Here is some of what I bought at the "Junktique", which was like a flea market -- just a few little bargains!  I got that handful of vintage, bell-shaped glass Christmas ornaments for $1.
A very cute little teacup and saucer for my collection; this one shows the Koeln Dom cathedral that I spent so much time in and around when I lived in Germany.  It brings back very happy memories.
I bought this beautiful etched glass shaker for $1 and plan to fill it with glitter and use it in my craft room.
It's hard to see them, but these are glass salt spoons I bought for $2; I was pleased because I rarely seem them, much less so cheaply.  Here I have them pictured in a lovely salt cellar that belonged to my grandmother, at home in my china cabinet.
Here's another $1 item -- a lovely old transferware vase.  Or...?  I'm not sure why it has that piece on top.  Maybe it's not a vase at all?
A sweet bird motif, faded on the side.
And an anenome-like flower on the other side.  Unusual!
Piles of library cards and pockets, for 50 cents each.
You can follow the links to these blog parties for more flea market finds!
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Flea Market Finds

Comments

Beth Leintz said…
Looks like a perfect fall day. The transferware piece really caught my eye- pretty! And of course, I'm just like you- I couldn't resist a handful of library card envelopes- there's got to be a hundred things you could do with them (if you had the time!)
Angela said…
Looks like a great day! Love all your finds -- of course, especially the Christmas ornaments!
Linda Sue said…
Great shot of Ben- Cutie pie!
I have been to Florence...Italy! It is somewhat different from your Florence.
Your victorian ephemera is on its way to you. I had to get lots in the mail today. I sure love swapping and giveaways!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful day you had and your son's band looks marvelous. He is so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth