Blogging joy, charming china, and a live lobster

Do you remember when I blogged about the wonderful time Dennis and I had shopping for Antiques in Florence, CO?

Somehow, a member of the Florence Merchant's Association found that blog post and really enjoyed it.  I heard, via comments on the blog and email, from several of the antique store owners and even the Mayor, who all expressed their thanks for my talking about their town on this blog!  They asked for my address to send their written thanks.

The response really made me smile; it's just an example of one of the things about blogging that give me joy.  So imagine my surprise yesterday to receive an envelope in the mail with a lovely note of thanks -- and a pile of gift certificates to those wonderful antique stores!

The thank you note reads in part, "We know that word of mouth is the very best advertising that money cannot buy!  We are so glad that you had a fun day shopping, found some treasures along the way, and have shared your experience with the world."

Wow -- I am so blown away!  In a very good way!  I can't wait to go back to Florence!
 
I wanted to show you this beautiful brooch/pendant I purchased from Tracy at Charmedware.  It's made from a beautiful broken china piece that shows September, my birth month, soldered in a wonderful frame, with beads and a pearl hanging from it.  I love it SO MUCH!  She has other wonderful pieces -- including some of the cutest birds you've ever seen -- in her shop; go see!
If you click on the photo above to enlarge it, you might be able to see me wearing it as a pendant around my neck.  This picture is after a wonderful seafood dinner at Landry's in Englewood with my family and, to the left of me, my twin nephews last night.  The thing that Dennis is holding on the platter is a live lobster that is on its way to be someone's dinner. The waitress we asked to take our photo thought it would be funny if we posed with it.

And it was.  Except, the kid who handed us the lobster had just said, "You'd better be quick, he might jump off."  And the lobster was facing me.  So, if he jumped, it would be at me.  Needless to say, I had a hard time smiling for this photo!  Do I look scared?

Comments

LuLu Kellogg said…
LOL Laurie! I thought that lobster was already dead. I don't think I could have been standing that close!!

Happy Saturday!
LuLu~*xoxo
Anonymous said…
I like watching them in the tank but not sure I'd want one on the plate. I think they must have a sense of it being their last ride.
Beautiful pendant and I love hearing about repurposing items.

Congratulations about being noticed by an entire city.
Claudia said…
How cool is that! We will have to visit that town next time we are in Colorado.

Love the pendant.

Cute picture, lobster and all!
GardenOfDaisies said…
That was so sweet of the merchants to do that!!
Tammy said…
What a great story about the antique stores! I don't think I could have stood still with a live lobster staring me down though!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth