The day after Christmas

We had such a lovely holiday this year -- mellow!  Friends came over for a wonderful meal on Christmas Eve, and it was so nice to see them before they flew off to be with family the next day.  I can't believe how big the kids are getting!
On Christmas morning our teenager let us sleep until 8 am; then we awoke to coffee and opening gifts.  We all got some wonderful things, including my new camera!  It's an upgrade to my Sony Cybershot, and I'm excited to begin using it!  Ben's excited, too, because it means he gets to use my 3-year old one.  I'll never tire of watching the surprise and excitement on my kid's face when he opens a box to find his heart's desire, will you?

We lazed around the rest of the day, watching TV, talking on the phone with family, and snacking on some of the fantastic treats we have in abundance.

In the late afternoon I roused myself to do some scrapbooking.  It was my kind of day!


I'm up early, so I think I'll be heading out to see if I can find an after-Christmas deal on a sweater or pajamas.  Are you braving the crowds this morning?  If you're staying home to cyber-shop, check out the great after Christmas sales on Etsy!  (Just search All Items for after Christmas.)

Here's the first of my sponsored articles that I hope you'll take a moment to read:  Hidden treasure at the Colorado Springs Flea Market

Also: don't forget to join me on December 29 (that's this Wednesday):

Show us your favorite handmade item of the year (that you made) -- was it a gift you made for someone special, for your shop, or for yourself?

Comments

Marion said…
What a beautiful family you have! My 14 year old grandson was up before 6 a.m. on Christmas morning. LOL! I'll be browsing Etsy today as it's rainy and cold here in the swamps of Louisiana. Happy shopping! Blessings!
Anonymous said…
So glad your holiday was a wonderful one and congratulations on the new camera.

Your examiner article is great! Very professional but with a personal touch.
Christine said…
It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!!! I'm so happy to see you doing some scrapping! The perfect activity for Christmas afternoon!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a happy and relaxing Christmas holiday.
I have been avoiding shopping all month but handmade is the way to go.

Stay warm and dry and safe.

I'll click over and read your article.
barb cabot said…
What a nice xmas you had. I love your wall color! Your son is growing up so fast. Sounds like a wonderful time at your house. Enjoy all these days of family!
Pretty Things said…
I haven't left the house in days! Naps have been my joy!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth